Chapter 19

I lay in bed and listen to music as my mind races with the conversation my mom and I had at dinner. Bring Me The Horizon always calmed me down for the most part, but I was still pretty angry. Linley texts me a couple times but I don't answer, I don't really feel like texting right now.

After a few minutes I hear a soft knock on my balcony door. I was so mad that I had forgotten that Luke was coming over. I look at my clock as I get up and see that it's only 10:30, he's early tonight. I run over and open the door. The sight of him takes my breath away like usual, and I instantly am in a better mood. 

"You're here early," I say with a small smile as I let him in.

"I just couldn't wait to see you," he smiles and walks over to my bed.

"You just saw me a while ago," I laugh and close my door quietly, not wanting my mom to hear. I make my way to my bed and sit next to him.

"Yeah well that was a while ago," he laughs back. "Are you alright?" He looks at me with confused eyes. I had no idea how he could tell that I was mad, but he obviously knew something was wrong.

Before I can speak I hear another knock, this time on my bedroom door.

"Allison, it's me," I hear my mom say. I can see the door handle turning back and forth and am so glad I locked it.

My eyes are wide and I whisper to Luke to get in my bathroom. "What do you want?" I say as I quietly close the bathroom door.

"Just open the door please." She has now stopped knocking and jiggling the knob.

I run over to the door and unlock it, slowly opening it. I don't say anything as our eyes meet.

"I just heard the door to your balcony and wanted to make sure you were okay," she says quietly.

"I'm fine. Just went out there to get some air," I say angrily. I don't lie to my mom very often, so I was impressed that I came up with that as quickly as I did.

"Oh okay, well I'm going to bed. Good night darling," she says.

"Night," I say before closing my door on her and locking it again. I start to feel a little bad for being so rude but then I remember how rude she was about Luke. I put my ear up to the door so I can hear her walk away. When I know that she is gone, I go back over to the bathroom and let Luke out.

 "What was that all about?" He asks as he falls onto my bed.

I sigh before speaking. "She just pissed me off at dinner, it's nothing." I'm not really sure if I should tell him about what she said.

"What happened?" He asks again. I know that he will get it out of me no matter what, so I figure I should probably just tell him.

"She doesn't want me hanging out with you," I say quietly as I lay down next to him.

"What?" He's giving me a confused look and I feel horrible for having to tell him about how she feels about him.

"She's just very judgemental, it's nothing personal Luke," I tell him.

"It's obviously something personal," he sounds angry now. "Maybe I should just go," he says as he starts to get up.

"No, I don't want you to go," I say as I grab his hand. He looks down at our hands and then back up to me. " I don't care what she says Luke, she's just a bitch."

"But she's also your mother," he says, looking at me with an annoyed look.

"Yeah well it doesn't matter, I'm going to hang out with you no matter what she thinks." My hand is still on his. "Please stay," I look at him with sad eyes and remove my hand from his. I knew I shouldn't have told him.