Chapter 14

The rest of the day goes by pretty fast. I don't see Luke at lunch, so I am able to tell Linley about the incident in the hallway. She responds by telling me the same thing that she always tells me, that he is crazy and that he loves me. I refuse to believe the last part.

I want to hate Luke, and part of me already does. I want to be able to not think about him all of the time but that seems impossible. Something about him sticks in my mind. I want to know his motives, why he acts like he despises me but claims to care about me. Why would he care about me? What makes me different from the other girls?

Maybe I wasn't different, maybe he didn't really care about me. Maybe he just wanted to get in my pants and telling me he cared about me was a new tactic he was trying out. All I knew was that I had been hurt too many times and I wouldn't let myself get hurt by Luke Hemmings.

"Would you date him?" Linley blurts out and I am brought back to reality.

"What?" I snap.

"Oh come on, just answer the question Al," Michael says. I didn't even realize the others were listening until I look around the table and all eyes are on me. "We're all dying to know," he speaks again.

"I mean I don't know but I don't think we have to worry about that," I say back.

"Do you at least think he's hot?" Lin laughs.

"Why are you guys asking me this?" I shout.

"It's a yes or no question Allis," Ashton says with a giggle.

"I mean even I think Luke is hot," Calum says with a smirk, causing me and the others to laugh.

I let out a long sigh. "Yes, I think Luke is a nice looking guy."

"Good. I just hope the sexual tension ends soon," Michael says and everybody laughs except me.

"There is no sexual tension!" I yell as I cross my arms.

"Please, you could feel the tension all the way back in America," Linley says.

"Whatever, I'm done with this conversation," I smirk and luckily the bell rings.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After school, I attempt to do some homework while trying not to fall asleep. I tell myself that I can take a nap after I finish, but end up passing out anyways.

I wake up around midnight and realize that I have missed dinner and didn't even see my mom when she came home from work. She probably knew how tired I was and decided to let me sleep, which I appreciated. I look at the scattered papers all over my bed and realize that I didn't finish my homework. With a sigh I gather the papers and folders and try to work on it again since I won't be going back to sleep anytime soon. Suddenly I hear what sounds like tapping on the doors to my balcony. Hoping it was just the wind or something, I ignore it and continue my work.

I freeze when I hear it again. I slowly get up and walk over to the doors. I put my ear up to the glass to see if maybe I can hear anything but am out of luck when all I hear is rain. I slowly pull the curtain back a tiny bit and peek my head through the crack. My stomach does a complete flip when I see the tall, familiar figure. When he sees me he taps on the window again and I can hear him yelling something.

I open the door and a soaking wet Luke runs inside.

"You're a little wet," I say to him as he is now dripping all over my floor.

"Yeah maybe I wouldn't be so drenched if you would've let me in sooner," he snaps back and I notice he is shivering.

"Sorry that I wasn't expecting you and thought I was about to get murdered," I say a little more calmly as I get him a blanket from my closet.