Chapter 7

The rest of the weekend flies by with nothing too exciting. I mostly stay at home and do homework while occasionally texing the boys and my new friend, Linley. Linley also goes to our school but unfortunately we don't have any classes together. She will be sitting with us at lunch from now on though, and she has a crush on Michael. Even though I loved having the boys as my best friends, I was glad to have a new girl friend. Someone who I could have sleepovers with and tell all my secrets to and shop with, even though I hated shopping. I hadn't told anybody about how I've been feeling about Luke yet, but I plan to talk to Linley about it and at least one of the boys.

Monday comes quickly and I meet Calum outside in our usual spot. We walk to my locker where the other two boys are waiting for us. Everytime I see them it's as if they haven't seen me in years, showering me with hugs. I don't mind it though.

"So Allis, I may know someone who thinks you're cute," Ashton says with a smirk.

"Oh, are we still in fifth grade? Come on Ash, if you have a crush on me just say so," I joke.

"Well of course I think you're pretty," he says and I don't even blush anymore, I'm used to the boys complimenting me all of the time. "But I wasn't talking about myself," he continues.

"Well don't keep me waiting, who is it?" I ask trying not to sound too anxious.

"It could possibly be Tate but you never heard from me..." He mumbles quietly and I have to get closer to hear him.

"Really? Tate?" I confirm, making sure I wasn't just hearing things. 

"Yeah, he kept asking about you after you left the party and he texted me yesterday finally admitting that he thought you were pretty hot."

Tate had called me beautiful at the party but I just thought he said that to all of the girls in his house. Knowing that he had talked to Ashton about me made me blush a little, but I felt I needed to get to know him a little better if anything.

"Well, if he's interested in me then tell him to come find me sometime," I reply and am surprised at myself for being this bold. I'm usually never confident with guys. The boys look surprised too after I say what I say.

"Well dang Allis, get you some!" Michael exclaims and pats my shoulder. 

When the bell rings, Michael, Calum and I say bye to Ashton and make our way to class.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Today seems to be going by very slow and I'm starving by the time lunch comes around. I meet up with Linley at my locker and we get our food together. When we get to the table, she sits by Michael of course and Calum and Ashton sit on the other side of me. Lin is talking to Michael and I'm telling the other two a story when I am interrupted by a deep voice greeting the guys. I turn in my seat to see who it is and my stomach drops a tad. Luke sits down next to Michael, along with a bright red haired girl underneath his arm. 

"What are you looking at?" He says to me with a dirty look. The girl, who has too many piercings on her face to count, giggles at his comment and I am now very annoyed. Not being good with conflict, I just roll my eyes and turn back to Calum and Ash to continue my story.

"Hello? I asked you a question," I hear him say rudely.

"Dude, what's your problem?" Michael turns to him and says before I get the chance to say anything back.

"She gave me a dirty look when I came over so I asked her a simple question," he replied to him while not taking his eyes off of me. The girl next to him was also staring at me, chomping on her gum so loud that everybody in the cafeteria could probably hear.

"I wasn't the one giving dirty looks, I was just looking to see who rudely interrupted me talking," I snapped back and saw surprise on Michael's face, and even though I wasn't looking at the other two boys, I'm sure they were just as shocked. 

"It's my table, I can interrupt whoever I want. And I'm sure I saved Ashton and Calum from dying of boredom from your story." I really don't understand what his problem is.

"Mate, it's our table and you've been gone for the past week so Allis has actually been here longer than you," Ashton says as friendly as he can, being the sweet guy that he is.

"Yeah and she's not boring at all, maybe you would see that if you weren't being such an ass," Calum says, not as friendly as Ash.

As we all look at him, he shakes his head and gets up. "Whatever, I'll just go sit somewhere else then."

"You don't have to go anywhere, you're welcome here as long as you're a little nicer," Michael says as he stops Luke from walking away.

"I'm not sitting here as long as she is. Now come on Myra," he pulls on the girl and they both disappear deeper into the cafeteria.

"Well I have absolutely no idea what his problem is," Michael throws his hands up and looks as confused as the others do.

"Yeah he really isn't usually like this, we apologize for him," Calum says as he puts his arm around me.

"You don't deserve that babe, just forget about it," Ashton leans over the table and says with a sad look.

"It's okay guys, it's not your fault. I just don't understand what I ever did to him," I say and try to brush it off.

I don't finish my lunch. The rest of my day is slow and filled with thoughts of Luke and why he is so hateful to me. I try not to think about it too much like the guys told me to, but it's really hard. People have been rude to me in the past plenty of times, but never this bad. And not for no reason like Luke. I didn't want to know, but at the same time I needed to know why he hated me so much.