Chapter 54

"Allison," the man says as he walks towards me. Each step he took made me feel worse and I felt like I was going to throw up any minute. When he reaches me, he wraps his arms around me. As much as I wanted to push him off I couldn't, I was frozen with shock. He smelled very strongly of cologne and his grip was tight as if he would never let go.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!" I scream, finally finding my voice. I push him off of me, causing him to stumble a bit. "What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper as tears quickly rim my eyes.

I feel Luke's hands grip my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down. "Babe, what's wrong?" He whispers into my ear. I don't answer him.

"I've come back for another chance," he simply says.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Luke speaks up this time and asks him. I would answer him, but knew that if I tried to talk I would end up crying. I couldn't cry right now, I couldn't let him see me weak.

"I'm their father."

I cringe at the word. I can't stop the tear from falling down my cheek. "You were never a father to us, you have no right to call yourself that," I snap. 

"That's why I came here, to make things right," he says back. The calm and plain tone in his voice infuriates me. What the hell was he thinking?

"There's nothing you could ever do to make things right!" I scream. I launch my body towards him but Luke stops me, pulling me away from him. "Luke, let me go!" I struggle against his arms, but he's too strong.

Bradley is standing on the other side of Luke, terrified I'm sure.

"Look, you should probably leave. If you couldn't tell, neither of them want to see you," Luke says calmly.

"You have no place to tell me what to do or what my children want," he laughs. "Where is your mother?" He asks me.

"None of your business. And he's right, we don't want to see you. Neither does mother. None of us want anything to do with you." My voice is filled with so much anger that it doesn't even sound like me.

"I'll be back soon so I can see her and we can all work things out. I'll let you calm down first sweetheart," he says as he slowly backs away.

"You better never come near us again if you know what's good for you!" I yell back.

He smiles and waves as he gets into his car. The smile on his face frightens me.

"Come on, let's get inside," Luke whispers. He pulls us in gently and stays outside until the black car is out of sight. "I'm gonna take your sister upstairs, are you okay bud?" He turns and asks Bradley.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he says quietly. 

"Okay. If you need anything don't hesitate to come get me. Why don't you call Josh and tell him to come over?" Luke says to him. He nods. "Don't let anyone else besides him in, okay?" He hugs him before taking my hand and leading me upstairs.

As soon as we walk into my room, the tears fall uncontrollably. He guides me to my bed and lays me down, wrapping his arms tightly around me. Visions of my father yelling and hitting my mother flood my mind. I try to shake the thoughts, but they come back stronger. Each second brings back a new memory, each one worse than the last. 

How did he find us when we were on the other side of the world? Where has he been all of these years? He seemed different, but also the exact same. The combination of crying while my thoughts were running wild made my head throb. My eyes were filled with water, causing everything around me to be blurry.

He had come back to haunt us and there was nothing I could do, nothing any of us could do. How in the hell did he think that he was going to be able to "fix things" with us? There was nothing to be fixed, we were already broken and the only thing he would do was destroy us for good. I couldn't let that happen.

"Allis, you have to calm down," Luke says. I can barely hear him over my loud sobs and heavy breaths. He was right. If I didn't calm myself I would have a panic attack, I could feel it coming. "Come on, deep breaths," he says quickly and sits me up.

I try my best to mimick him as he breathes in and out slowly. After about a minute, I finally get my breathing under control. I continue to cry and my body is still shaking. 

"Luke," I manage to get out. My voice is raspy from crying and my throat hurts.

"Yes babe?" He answers, taking my hands in his.

"I'm scared." The words barely make it out of my mouth, causing more tears to fall.

He pulls me into his lap and holds me like a baby as I cry into his already wet shirt. "I know. But I told you I will never let anything happen to you and I meant it. I will do anything I can to keep you safe Allis, I promise."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N 

okay so I can't tell if I really like this or not, but here it is. A bunch of stuff is about to happen soon I promise! What are you guys thinking so far? What do you think is gonna happen?!

I love you guys, thanks for reading xx