Chapter 35

Weeks go by and they are normal and filled with Luke. We have a couple of arguments here and there, but nothing too bad and he doesn't ignore me again. We go on a couple of double dates with Lin and Michael. Ashton also starts seeing a shy girl, but we don't see much of her and Calum bounces around with different girls. He's not a man whore like Luke was, but he doesn't really settle down either.

My mom is now actually dating Troy, who is still a mystery to me. I've only seen him a few times since the dinner but I still know nothing about him. Something about him seems off and everytime I go to ask him something personal I get interrupted. I don't like the fact that I don't know much about him, I'd like to know what my mother is getting into. I don't even like the fact that she is dating.

It is now two weeks until Halloween and the only thing that I hear in the hallways is the talk of Connor's big party. I haven't been to a party in a while, there have been a few but Luke and I choose to stay home and be with each other instead. Our friends tell us that we don't miss much besides the good music and hangovers the next day, but I would prefer to miss that part.

Honestly I would rather spend Halloween watching scary movies and cuddling with Luke, but Linley begs me to go. I eventually agree and realize that a night of fun would be good for Luke and I. Lin and Michael are going to the party in matching costumes, which means Luke and I should too. I think long and hard all day about what I want to dress up as, but I can't think of anything. 

That night as we lay in bed, I tell Luke about wanting to go to the party and he is more excited than I thought he would be. 

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to go," he says.

"Good, I'm glad you wanna go too," I say. "Linley and Michael are going in matching costumes and I think we should too..." I trail off not knowing how he will feel about this idea.

A smile spreads across his lips and it looks as though an idea just popped into his head. "Let's go as hardcore punk rockers!" He says excitedly.

I immediately love the idea and kiss him to show him that I agree. We talk about what we're gonna need for our costumes before drifting off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms as usual. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It is finally October 31st and I couldn't be happier that Halloween is on a Friday this year; I couldn't handle going to a party then having to go to school the next day. Throughout the day it's hard to pay attention in my classes. I hear whispers about the big event tonight and I am even anxious myself. I just hope that nothing will happen that will put Luke in a bad mood or cause something to go wrong, I wanted tonight to be good and memorable. My past Halloweens have sucked. 

Luke drives Bradley, Josh and I home from school today so that we can start getting ready immediately. We have everything we need for our costumes and I couldn't wait to see how they would turn out. Luke really doesn't have to do much, he already looks punk enough as is. I however, needed some work. Linley would be the perfect person to do my makeup, but I wanted to surprise her with our costumes. I would learn to do the makeup myself from tutorials on YouTube combined with the instructional booklets that came with the makeup. 

After hours of getting ready, mostly me getting ready while Luke laid on my bed, we were finally done just in time to leave. Luke was wearing a black muscle tank with white words that read I don't trust me either with a skeleton hand in the middle along with his ripped, black skinny jeans and black high-top converse. He had a red bandana around his head, quiffed hair on the top. That was all that he needed to make the costume come to life and God did he look good.

I was also wearing a red bandana, letting my long, wavy hair fall messily underneath it. Luckily, Lin let me borrow a couple of things without question. I was wearing her black, leather skirt with fishnet tights and the black, studded combat boots. My shirt was my own and it was a long-sleeved, black crop top. I had found an old choker that I used to wear all the time in 6th grade and it completed my outfit. Eyeliner was surrounding both of my eyes with large wings on each and black eyeshadow was used to create smokey eyes. To top it off, we borrowed two fake guitars from my brother's Guitar Hero game.

"Wow, you look incredible," Luke says as he bites down on his lip. Even though I felt like I was showing too much skin from the short skirt, I knew he would like my outfit.

"So do you," I say and wink.

"You know we could just stay here," he says and leans down to attach his lips to my neck.

I sigh and throw my head back as the sensation takes over my body. It would be so easy to stay here with Luke and rip all of his clothes off, but I promised Lin and our other friends we would be there. 

"Luke," I whine. "I told them we would be there. Come on, it'll be fun."

"Then let me take these tights off of you and do you a quick favor," he says and it's so hard to resist him. "I would only need a few minutes," he whispers against my skin and this is almost enough to send me completely over the edge.

No matter how much I'm enjoying this, I push him off before I change my mind about going to the party. I let out a deep sigh. "You don't know how much I would like that, but it was hard enough to get these tights on the first time and we don't have time to deal with that again," I laugh.

He growls and pouts. "Fine, but there's gonna be some serious consequences for this later," he winks and I can only imagine what he has in mind. 

I run to the door and exit my room before I can push him onto my bed. He follows me while laughing and we leave my house to start walking to Connor's.

When we arrive at the familiar house, there are people in costumes everywhere. As we walk through the inside and then into the backyard, I realize that there are twice the amount of people as there has been the other times that I've been here. I didn't think it was possible for these parties to get any bigger, but apparently I was wrong. The music seemed to be louder than usual and everybody was already having a good time.

"Luke!" We hear and look to find Michael waving us over.

We walk over to our four friends. Linely and Michael are dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles and they look adorable. Ashton and Calum are dressed as Mario and Luigi and I laugh to myself.

"You guys are going to win the best couple's costume award," I joke to them. Everybody laughs except for them and they try to give me dirty looks.

"Very funny," Calum mocks with a smile.

"Where's Katherine?" Luke asks Ashton. She was the girl that Ash had been seeing.

"She doesn't really do parties," he says.

"Well why didn't you beg her to come like you did to me?" I ask with a smirk.

"Because we knew you would fit in, Katherine definitely wouldn't," he lets out a small chuckle.

He's right. She would probably run and hide in the bathroom and not come out until everyone was gone.

We dance and talk the night away with our friends. I decide against drinking for the moment, and Luke does too. I am having enough fun without alcohol. I might change my mind in a couple of hours, but until then I was content.

"I really have to go to the bathroom," I yell to Luke over the blaring music.

"Okay, it's upstairs and the first door on your left. Do you want me to go with you?" He yells back.

"No, I'll be fine," I say as I kiss his cheek.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes babe, I promise!" I yell.

He walks over to Ash and Calum as I walk fast inside the house. I try to fight my way through the crowd inside of the house. When I finally make it upstairs, there is nobody up here and it is quieter. After I pee, I feel much more comfortable. It takes me about 2 minutes to put my tights back on and I wash my hands before going back out. 

As I walk out of the bathroom, a hand goes over my mouth and around my waist, making my legs drag across the floor as I am moved backwards.