Chapter 68

The fact that Luke could possibly get famous from this made my stomach churn. It was a huge possibility. Was he going to forget me when he was singing in front of thousands of people all around the world? The thought made my anxiety go through the roof. I didn't want to keep Luke from achieving his dream, but I didn't want him to go off and forget about me. I felt selfish, I needed to suppress these thoughts.

"Wow, you guys were great," Louis says when he finishes clapping. "I'll definitely have to tell the other guys about you." This made me feel worse, but I had to stop thinking about it for right now.

After a while of talking, we finally decided to head out. We eat dinner with my family when we get home and all of us end up watching a movie. 

"Can we go upstairs?" I whisper to Luke. I hadn't felt right since earlier and didn't want to do anything but lay in bed with him.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go up first," he whispers back. His face falls a little and I know that he was enjoying the movie, but I needed to be alone with him. "I'm gonna go up and head to bed," he says to everybody. He kisses my forehead before heading upstairs.

I had to wait for a few minutes so that it wasn't suspicious. About 10 minutes later I yawned, causing my mom to look over at me.

"You tired hun?" She asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna shower and probably go to bed too," I say after I finish my long yawn. I get up and say good night to everyone. Louis replies with a small smirk on his lips, I'm sure he knows what I'm really doing. I'm just glad that my mom is oblivious.

When I get in my room, I turn on my lights to find Luke already laying in my bed. "Would you like to join me in the shower?" I ask him.

Shock appears on his face and I am also shocked at my words. We had never taken a shower together besides Halloween night, but we were both fully clothed. I needed to be as close to him as I could right now. He nods and follows me into the bathroom. 

When we're both in, I step behind him and close and lock the door. I turn back to face him and lift his shirt over his head before doing the same to my own. He scans his eyes over my body and never fails to make me feel beautiful. I turn around and take the rest of my clothes off. Of course he has seen me naked many times, but I still felt a little self-conscious about my body. When I'm fully undressed, I step into the shower. I hear the rest of his clothes come off quickly and he soon joins me. The water immediately soaks him, making his hair fall flat. The tiny droplets run down his arms, tracing over the swirls of tattoos. 

"Is something wrong baby?" He asks as he gently grabs my arms. His words and touch send electricity through me.

"No," is all that I can make out to say.

"I know that's a lie," he says quietly. Sometimes I hated how well he knew me.

I sigh before I talk. "I'm just...scared," I whisper.

"Of what?" He asks and pulls me closer.

"Louis is going to make you guys famous and I'm scared that you'll leave and forget all about me," I say so fast that I'm not sure he understood me. The words sound stupid when I say them out loud.

"What? That's crazy," he responds after a moment, taking in what I said. 

"Luke, he's in the biggest boyband in the world and he thought you guys were great...It's going to happen."

"I really don't think anything is going to come of it," he says, brushing a wet piece of hair out of my face. "And if we get an offer for something, I won't take it."

"No. I'm not going to be the reason that you don't go out and live the life that you want, I'm not going to be self-"

"I'm not leaving you," he cuts me off. 

"Luke-"

"No," he interrupts me again. "Nothing you or anybody can say will change that, I'm not going anywhere."

I look down at our naked bodies; we are so close to each other, but I feel so far away. I try to shake the thoughts from my head and return to reality. "Okay," is all that I say. I trust Luke, I will trust him to stay with me. I feel horrible and selfish for saying this, but I hope nothing happens that will cause him to make a decision. I don't want him to have to tell them no and disappoint the boys.

"You still want to go look at apartments tomorrow? I still want to live with you," he says with a small smile.

"Of course I do," I smile back and bring his body all the way to mine. He places his hands on my jaw and brings my lips to his. His lips fit perfectly against mine and always will.

"I love you," he whispers against my lips.

"I love you Luke," I whisper back. "Always."