Chapter 67

We wake up about an hour and a half later so that we can get ready to head over to Michael's. I could tell that Luke was a combination of excited and nervous.

"Did you even sleep at all?" I ask him with a giggle.

"No..." He says after a moment. 

"Babe," I say and grasp his arms, "you guys are going to be perfect. Just be yourself and do what you do and he will think you guys are amazing."

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. "Okay, you're right," I hear him say. "You're so great, you know that?" He looks down at me and pulls my chin up to meet his gaze.

"Yeah I know," I joke. He leans down and lightly kisses my lips. "Now we should probably get going." He nods and we walk downstairs, hand in hand.

I had never been to Michael's and was confused as to how we were all going to fit in the tiny garage before me. Michael let us in through the front door and led us to where the rest of our friends were. When we stepped into the garage, it looked bigger than it did from the outside. Their instruments were all set up like how they were on stage and a few large amplifiers were set all around them. The three boys were all playing random notes and Lin was seated on a couch that was in front of them. As we stepped in, they all came over and excitedly introduced themselves to Louis. 

It shocked me how nice he was. I didn't know much about him, but a lot of famous people are stuck up and rude; he was neither. Lin and I took our seats on the leather couch and Louis sat next to me with a smile. 

"So, what's up first?" He asks the boys after they get set up. 

"This first song we're gonna play is called Unpredictable," Luke says as he nervously picks at a few strings on his guitar. He turns to me and smiles, no longer fiddling with his guitar. 

Ash hits his drum sticks together three times and the music from Calum's bass starts. Luke keeps his eyes on me the whole time and it gives me deja vu of the night that they first sang this. It was their first gig and I was so mad at him and we weren't speaking, now here they are, playing in front of Louis Tomlinson and we were going to look for an apartment tomorrow. We've come such a long way since then.

As they play their next song, Rejects, Lin and I bob our heads along. I like this song a lot, it's very upbeat and fun. There was no way that Louis wasn't going to like them, they were too good. 

"Alright," Luke says after the music stops. He is clearly out of breath and it makes me smile. "We're gonna play one more song. We just recently wrote this, we hope you like it."

I was excited to hear this one since I haven't heard them play it before. 

Heyyyy heyyyy heyyy heyyyy

They all sing a bunch of "hey's" and then Luke sings the first verse. I will never get over how beautiful his voice is.

You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear

And I know now, that I'm so down

The lyrics make me think of the time that I put on a pair of Luke's boxers and he smiles at me as he continues to sing in the microphone with the rest of the boys. The rest of the song doesn't fail to make me smile either and by the time it's almost over, Lin and I are silently singing along. I look over to Louis, who is bobbing his head to the beat of the music. Luke starts singing by himself once again and I look back over to meet his eyes.

Your lipstick stain is a work of art and I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart

And I know now, here we go

As he sings that last part, his voice squeaks and it is the most attractive thing I have ever heard in my life. Linley reaches over and pushes my mouth closed, I didn't even notice that it had fallen open. The three of them jump and go back to playing their guitars. It amazed me how well they worked and sounded together. If Louis didn't like them after this, he was crazy. 

When the song finally ends, Louis actually stands up and applauds them. Lin and I join him and I can tell by the looks on their faces that the boys are ecstatic. I couldn't be happier for them and then it hit me all at once, sending a slight pain through my chest.