Chapter 53

I wake up the next morning to find that Luke is still sleeping. He's usually awake before me. I lay in his arms and watch him sleep for a few minutes. He's so peaceful and beautiful when he sleeps. He doesn't snore, but his breaths are loud when he exhales the warmth against my face. I suddenly remember that we're not the only ones here. Our friends had planned to stay the night so that they could make sure everyone left and so they could help clean up today. I decide that I should probably get up and see how bad the house looked. I pull myself out of Luke's arms as gently as I can, trying not to wake him from his deep slumber. 

When I finally manage to get out of the bed, I shiver at the sudden coldness and realize that I'm still naked. I walk over to my drawers and throw on a pair of sweats, a sports bra and Luke's shirt from the night before that was laying next to the rest of our clothes. I quietly unlock and open my door before shutting it again. As I walk out into the hallway I immediately hear voices coming from downstairs and am shocked that my friends are already awake. 

I walk through my living room, dining room and kitchen to discover that it's really not that messy besides some spilled food on the counters and a few cups on the floor. There are a ton of cups on the dining room table from beer pong, but those can be easily picked up. I still haven't found my friends but head to the basement when I hear music and talking beneath me.

"Well good morning sleepy head!" Ashton says as I walk down the steps.

The basement is another story. There are many more cups laying on the floor along with plates, crumbs and a...bra? What the hell? My four friends are spread out all over the room with trash bags. They all have messy hair and bags under their eyes, especially Lin. She looks the most hungover.

"Morning guys, how's cleaning going?" I ask as I walk over and wrap my arms around Linley.

"It's going. It's not too bad though," Calum says.

"Yeah I'm surprised, I actually thought it would be a lot worse. Want me to help?" I ask.

"No you don't need to do that. Our idea, our mess," Ashton says with a smile. I want to help anyways, but I know they won't let me.

"The party was freaking amazing though," Michael says with a huge smile.

"Oh yeah?" I say back.

"Definitely," Calum answers. "You'll definitely be getting a lot of attention at school now."

Great. I hated attention from a lot of people. I guess I got myself into that one when I agreed to throw a party at my own house, but I didn't realize it would turn out so good.

"Where did you and Luke go for the last half of the night?" Ashton asks. "We were looking all over for you. Well, I was. These three were too drunk to function."

Well based off the fact that she has his shirt on from last night, I think we all know where they went," Calum giggles.

"Ooooh," the other three say and I shake my head disapprovingly at them.

"You know I could've just changed and put it on this morning because I like it," I say back.

"Oh yeah, we're sure that's what happened," Michael says and winks.

"Speaking of Luke's shirt, look who decided to wake up and join the party," Linley says.

We all look over to find Luke walking down the stairs with a smile on his face. "Morning losers," he jokes. He walks over and puts his hand around my waist. "So that's where my shirt went." He looks down at me.

"Hope you don't mind," I say and stand on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek.

We spend the next few hours talking and dancing as we clean the rest of the house. When each room is spotless, everything is put back in it's normal spot and every trace of a party is gone, our friends leave. 

"Thanks again for having a party Allis, it was awesome," Calum says as he hugs me. The others nod in agreement and hug me as well.

"Call me later," Lin says as her and Michael walk to his car.

I shut the door and sigh in relief, leaning against the door. "We finally have the house all to ourselves," I say as I walk over and wrap my arms around Luke's neck.

"Yes, yes we do." He leans down and plants a soft kiss on my lips as he hooks his arms behind my back.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask him.

A smile spreads across his lips. "I have an idea." He takes my hand and leads me down to the basement. "Stay here, I'll be right back," he says before running back up the stairs. I notice that the couch is still pushed against the wall and the disco ball is still set up along with the light machines. I told Luke to make sure this room was back to normal. I knew I should have just checked it myself.

Suddenly I hear music begin to play through the speakers.

When your legs don't work like they used to before, and I can't sweep you off of your feet

I immediately recognize the song as Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. A few seconds later, Luke runs down the stairs almost tripping over his own feet. 

"What are you doing?" I giggle.

He flips the switch to turn off the lights and turns another one on that turns on the light machines. The disco ball starts turning, causing little dots to travel all around the room.

"Would you like to dance with me?" He asks as he walks over to me and holds out his hand.

"I can't dance," I laugh.

"Me either," he says back and takes my hand. He wraps his other arm around my waist and we slowly start to move from side to side.

"So I thought you told me that this room was back to normal?" I ask.

"I told the boys to leave it like this so I could have a few slow dances with my girlfriend," he says with a smile.

For a boy in a band with many tattoos, Luke sure was good at being romantic. As we dance around the room, he sings the lyrics to me. His voice sounds so beautiful as he sings this song and each word makes my heart flutter. 

We dance and talk and laugh for what seems like hours under the spinning lights. We are in the middle of a conversation about how we both used to play soccer when we are interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. It is faint and I barely hear it over the music, but Luke hears it too so I know that I wasn't just hearing things.

We run upstairs and head for the door. I have no idea who it would be. I open it up to Bradley standing on the porch.

"Hey bud, what's up?" I ask.

"I've been trying to call you and text you all day," he says.

Shit. I realize that I left my phone upstairs while we were cleaning and haven't looked at it since last night.

"I'm so sorry, I just left it upstairs and we've just been watching TV," I lie. "What did you need?"

"Someone came to see us," he says quietly. 

He looks towards our driveway and that is when I first notice the parked car. The door opens and I immediately feel sick to my stomach at the sight of the unpleasantly familiar face.

The face that I never thought I would see again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hi guys :) 

Sorry if I've been slow at updating, I had writer's block for a few days but I'm back on track with new ideas! Hope you're all enjoying the book!

Who do you think showed up at their house? Leave comments with your predictions! I wanna see if anyone can guess correctly :)

Thanks for reading guys I love you so much <3

x