Chapter 3

7 AM comes sooner than I'd wanted it to and I am startled out of my sleep by the obnoxious alarm on my nightstand. I hit the off button and lay still with my hand over my eyes, dreading the thought of getting up and dealing with a day full of new people. This was going to be harder than I thought.

After five minutes, I finally get up and walk to my closet. I throw on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a loose-fitting blink-182 shirt. I leave my waist length long hair down and wavy and put on a little eyeliner and mascara. I slip on my white vans and grab my backpack before heading downstairs, impressed with myself for getting ready in 15 minutes. I meet my mom in the kitchen and sit down at our bar to a few pancakes and some bacon. My mom had always been a good cook and it was nice not having to eat cereal every morning. 

After finishing our food, mom drives Bradley and I to our new school before driving herself to work. I hated being dropped off but since mom got a new job, she promised me a new car soon. As we pull up to the high school that Bradley and I would both be attending, I sigh with relief at the fact that the building is not too big.

"Okay guys, this is your stop. You will both do great and I can't wait to hear all about your first day. Don't be shy! Make some friends!" Our mom says as she kisses us both goodbye.

As we both step outside, Bradley runs up to another boy his age who I recognize as our neighbor that he met yesterday. I'm glad that I won't have to worry about him making friends, even though I still have to worry about myself. I begin to walk up to the big doors in front of me but am stopped after a few feet.

"Hey, Allis!" I hear a familiar voice yell behind me. I turn around and am glad to see Calum jogging towards me. I was so relieved to see a familiar face. "I thought that I saw you, I'm glad you weren't some other new girl that I hadn't met or talked to before," he giggles before continuing. "I didn't know you were going to school here! Even though I guess I never really asked, sorry about that," he said as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's okay," I smile at him. "I'm just happy that I actually found someone that I know."

"Yeah, I would be too. Here, I'll show you around," he says as he takes my schedule.

We walk in the building and through a sea of people giving me wierd looks, as I figured they would. Our first stop is my locker where I put all of my books, keeping what I need for my first few classes.

"Hey, it looks like we have the first two periods together!" Calum says with a smile and I am relieved again. So far today was going good. "We can walk together then, mind if I stop at my locker though?" He asks.

"Of course not silly, you need your books too!" I laugh and with that we start walking again. 

I stand next to Calum's locker as he gets what he needs. He is telling me about what some of the teachers are like when he is interrupted by a male voice calling his name. We both look up to see another tall boy with freshly dyed, white hair that was sticking up in different spots all around his head.

"Ah, hello Michael," Calum smiles as he high fives this boy. "Decided to go with the white, I see."

"Yeah, wanted to keep it a little simple before pulling out the big guns in a few weeks. It's the first day, you know how it goes," he replies to Calum before looking over and smiling down at me. "And who is this cutie?"

"This is my friend Allis," Calum answers and I smile at him calling me his friend. "She's new here, I met her yesterday at the music store."

"Very nice, well it's a pleasure meeting you miss Allis," Michael says to me and politely shakes my hand. "Why didn't you tell us at practice that you had met someone?" He asks Calum before I have the chance to respond.

"Well I was already late and we needed to start playing so it just slipped my mind," he responded and I take the opportunity to speak before they start talking again.

"You guys play a sport or something?" I ask, referring to this practice that they mentioned.

They both look at each other and laugh before responding. "Nah," Calum begins. "We're actually in a band. Us and two of our other friends, who I'm sure you'll meet at some point today."

"A band? Wow, that's awesome!" There was nothing I loved more than a guy in a band, and if the other two were as nice and attractive as these two, I'd have a problem with falling in love with all of them.

"Yep, we call ourselves 5 Seconds of Summer," Michael says proudly. "We're actually playing at a party this Friday night, you should totally come check us out!"

I hesitate at this request. "Oh I'd love to, but the party scene isn't really my thi-"

"Oh, enough!" Calum cuts me off and throws his arm around my shoulder as we begin to walk. "You have to experience at least one party here and after that you'll just want to keep partying! Trust me, and you have to come see us perform! It's gonna be the biggest audience we've had so far and it would mean a lot to us." He stops talking and they are now both giving me puppy dog eyes.

I breathe out a large sigh before continuing. "Fine," I give in and am suddenly attacked with hugs from both of them.

"It's gonna be awesome," Michael says as we walk into our first class of the day, english. Michael also has this class with us and I take a seat in between the two of them.

It hasn't even been an hour into the day and I already have two friends and a party to attend on Friday, that I was still nervous about. I could tell this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.