Chapter 34

I spend the rest of my weekend with Luke. I can tell that he is sad from talking about Aleisha, so we don't go out and do anything. I leave my door locked and lay in my bed with him, our bodies tangled perfectly together. On Saturday afternoon I send a text to my mom telling her that I don't feel good so I will be staying in my room and sleeping. She texts me and lets me know that she will be out with Troy for the rest of the night, I roll my eyes at this.

I do as much as I can to try and make Luke feel better. I tell horrible jokes in hopes of getting him to smile; to my surprise he actually laughs a couple of times, probably because they're so stupid. At one point, Luke and I sneak downstairs and get ice cream. We bring it back up to my room and lay in bed, feeding each other spoonfuls. He is bringing the spoon to my mouth and I suddenly feel something freezing on my nose.

"Luke!" I yell, wiping the chocolate off. 

He responds by laughing the first real laugh I've heard all weekend and I can't help but smile at this. He does it again, this time smearing it all over my nose and forehead. I scream at the cold once more and hit him lightly on the arm. He is now cracking up and his laugh is contagious.

"Don't worry I'll get that for you babe," he says as he leans in and slides his tongue all over my face. I cringe and laugh before yelling at him again. This was the Luke that I knew and loved.

I go to my bathroom and wash the ice cream off, sighing with relief when my face is no longer sticky. As I stand there drying off my face, Luke comes up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and we stand there staring at our reflections in the mirror.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers in my ear and I can't hide my smile in the mirror.

I look like I just got out of bed, which I basically did. My hair is a tangled, wavy mess and I have no makeup on. The fact that he thinks I look beautiful even like this makes my heart leap out of my chest.

"Wanna go to the beach?" He asks my reflection.

I was surprised that he wanted to go out, but that must have meant he was feeling better. And if not, the beach would definitely make him happier. I nodded in agreement.

"I have to run to my house, I'll just drive us there on the way," he says and I am shocked that he's willing to let me go with him.

After I put on a swimsuit and clothes to go over it, I grab what I need and we leave my house. His car is parked a little down the street and that must be where he parks it every time he sneaks over. We listen to the usual music that is playing in his car and head to his house. 

It only takes us about 5 minutes and we pull up to a small, one-story house. It gives my stomach a weird feeling thinking about Luke living here all alone.

"You don't have to come in, I'll just be right back," he says. I should have known that he wouldn't let me go in, but bringing me here in the first place was a giant step for him and that was enough for me.

He comes out a few minutes later wearing swim trunks and a muscle tank. His broad shoulders and biceps were very visible and I couldn't help but want him in every single way. He gives me a wide smile when he gets back in the car and pulls away from the house full of his memories.

When we get to the beach, he parks in our usual spot. He goes around to the back and pulls out a blanket from the trunk. He also pulls out a large black case that holds a guitar.

"You're bringing that down there?" I ask.

"Yeah, why not?" He says and we both smile.

We spend hours on the beach building sandcasltes and having our usual water fight in the ocean. The sun is warm and I can feel myself burning a little. There aren't that many people where we are and it's enough privacy to fit a few kisses in.

When we're tired of the water, we lay on the blanket and laugh as we sulk in the sun. After a few minutes, he is completely dry and sits up to grab the black case. He pulls out an acoustic guitar and I sit up to face him. Excitement runs through my body. Sure I've seen him play before, but I've never seen him play by himself and he usually plays electric. He strums a couple of chords and my mind goes wild, he has never looked better than he does right now. 

"I wanna show you something," he says as he looks at me. 

He looks back down to the guitar and his fingers start playing a familiar tune.

Oh her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'

Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her tryin'

She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday

He sings the words to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars and my heart flutters. He watches himself play and the words roll beautifully off of his tongue, a hint of his accent coming through. When he starts the chorus, he looks back up to me and I swear my heart stops.

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are

And when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while

Cause you're amazing, just the way you arrrreeeee

He stretches out the last word, making it fade out. His voice has never sounded more amazing and I am in the clouds. I can't help but smile the whole time and at one point I almost let a tear escape my eye. Each word he sings is better than the last and he hits every note perfectly, making it unlike anything I have ever heard. The music floods my ears and I can't help but think I'm dreaming. How could this be real?

By the time he finishes, I'm surprised that I haven't fainted yet. 

"I learned that just for you," he quietly says as if embarrassed.

"Luke," I start but am speechless. "Just, wow," is all I can come up. "That was so beautiful," I finally say with a smile.

"It's just a small way to try and describe how I feel about you," he says back.

"I absolutely loved it, thank you," I say. I take the guitar from his hands and lay it on the case. I bring my lips to his gently and push him back on the blanket as I lay on top of him. I didn't care who saw us making out, they were lucky I didn't rip his clothes off right then and there. "You are so perfect," I whisper to him as I pull away and look into his eyes.

There was no other way to describe him than that. He may be broken and sometimes a jerk, but he was absolutely perfect to me. I had a hard time believing that he was real and I had to bring my lips back to his in order to feel the reality of him. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Hi guys! Sorry if this chapter was kind of boring, I just needed a little filler chapter! I love them and I need my own Luke Hemmings. That is all.

Thanks so much for reading, I love you guys!

xx