Chapter 9

Wednesday morning I am attacked with questions about my date. Linley already knows everything, of course I called her as soon as I got home. I told her about the whole night; the good talks, the kiss on the cheek and even Luke. She was very suprised at his behavior and she told me to tell at least one of the boys about it. I didn't think the boys knew anymore than I did as to why he acted the way he did towards me; everytime he does something rude they are just as shocked as me. I don't see Luke at all today; not in the hallways or at lunch.

Tate walks me to a few of my classes throughout the day and when school is over, he is waiting at my locker. He asks me how my day was before getting to the real question we both know he wanted to ask.

"So, do you wanna see a movie with me tonight?" He finally asks after a long pause.

I hesitate before answering, trying to figure out if I can with the amount of homework that I had. I can always do it after I get home. "Sure, that sounds like fun," I answer and he smiles.

"Okay, I'll pick you up around 6:30? We can figure out what movie we wanna see when we get there," he says before hugging me and walking off.

I meet Linley outside, Bradley and Josh already in her car. She offered to start driving us home now, I wanted to pay her for gas but she refused it. "It's only 5 minutes away from my house," she always said.

As we drive home, I tell her about my date with Tate tonight and ask her about Michael. She tells me there's nothing new about their relationship status, but he did finally kiss her. I wasn't surprised as to why he took so long, Michael is pretty shy when it comes to girls.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wake up to my usual 7 AM alarm on Thursday morning. I change into a pair of skinny jeans and a black v-neck. I tie my hair up into a pony tail and throw a little bit of makeup on. I get ready in 10 minutes and lay back down until it is time to leave. I am very tired today since I didn't get finished with my homework until late.

My date last night went pretty well, nothing too exciting. We saw the new movie Annabelle and it was very creepy. Tate put his arm around me and everytime I jumped at a part he would hold me a little tighter which I didn't mind. He walked me to my door and I thought he was going to kiss me, but went for the cheek again instead. I was glad since I still didn't know how I felt about kissing him yet. He seemed to realize and respect that.

When I got to school, Calum and Ashton are waiting at my locker for me, asking the usual questions about my date. Calum curses when I tell him that Tate has not yet kissed me and Ashton celebrates. I assume it has to do with their bet.

"Anyways," Ashton begins. "Tate is having a party tomorrow, you're going of course." They both look at me and smile mischieviously.

Another party? It's only been a week, I think to myself. These people really love to party. I sigh before saying anything. "Fine," I finally let out and can't help but smile. Michael and Linley walk up to us, Michael's arm around her.

"Party tomorrow, Tate's house," Calum points to the two of them and they both nod excitedly. I could tell this party was going to be fun since I actually had friends to enjoy it with.

Then I realized that Luke would most likely be there too. This gave me a very uneasy feeling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday was again filled with excitement and talk of the party.

"Dammit," I hear Linley say as I get my books for Theatre History from my locker. "We weren't planning on going shopping until tomorrow."