Chapter 27

Now that Luke and I are official, things at school are different. He walks me to all of my classes and we walk down the hallways hand in hand or with his arm wrapped around me. People stare at us in disbelief, I also get dirty looks from girls that I'm sure Luke has messed around with. I want to push that out of my mind, but at the same time I like that they are jealous of me. 

Throughout the day, Calum, Ashton and Michael all congratulate me and ask about how it happened, getting all excited when I tell them about the cute parts. Sometimes they are more of my girl friends than guy friends and I jokingly ask them if they're gay. 

"So how did you do it?" Ashton asks me as we sit in class.

"Do what?" I ask back.

"Get him to fall for you so hard," he smiles.

"He just asked me to be his girlfriend Ash, it's really not that big of a deal," I lie. It's a huge deal to me but to him I'm sure it's just another relationship.

"Allis, he hasn't stuck with the same girl for longer than a week since our freshman year," he says as if it's obvious. I realize I didn't know anything about Luke's past love life besides the fact that he messes around with a lot of girls. "Making you his girlfriend is a huge deal. Did you get a lot of weird looks in the hallway today when you were seen with him?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I trail off.

"That's because everyone knows how Luke is with girls. He doesn't ever date, not since Aleisha," he explains.

I don't know who Aleisha is but hearing the name makes me sick to my stomach. I hate thinking of Luke with any other girl, especially one that he has previously dated and not just messed around with.

"Who's Aleisha?" I don't want to know, but I feel like I must.

"I'll let Luke tell you about that, it's not my place to tell," he says as he shakes his head.

"Ash come on, it took me forever to find out anything about him," I beg.

He sighs. "All I can tell you is that she is why he is the way he is with girls. Ever since her he hasn't been serious with anyone," he says before the bell rings.

The rest of the day I can't help but think of this girl and what she did to Luke. I also can't help but think of why I am the one Luke chose to date, what's so different about me? I knew he was more serious about me than the other girls, but I didn't know it was this big of a deal.

I see Linley for the first time today as we walk to lunch, but she already knows about Luke and I. I called her as soon as I got home last night and told her all about our weekend. When we get to lunch, Luke sits down next to me. 

"Hey babe," he says as he wraps his arm around me and plants a kiss on my cheek. I smile at his actions.

As we finish our lunch and wait for the bell to release us, I hold his hand tightly in my lap. 

The rest of the day goes by quickly and before I know it I'm waiting in my room for Luke to sneak in. He spends almost every night at my house now and I don't mind it one bit. I leave my balcony door unlocked now so that he can just walk in.

When he walk in, he smiles at me as he sees me laying in bed. I smile back and stretch my arms out, motioning for him to come lay with me. As he climbs underneath the covers, I wrap arms around him and nuzzle my head into his neck. Laying in Luke's arms feels like nothing I can explain, but it feels normal. The scent of him overwhelms my nose and brings a smile to my face. 

As we lay there in silence, I think about asking him about Aleisha. I really want to know what happened with her, but today has been such a great day and I don't want to ruin it and risk him leaving me alone tonight. I decide against it.

Instead, I think about how my mother doesn't even know that we are dating. She is going to kill me, but I don't even care.

"I want you to meet my mother, like actually meet her," I say as I look up at him.

"Why? She hates me," he says back.

"Yeah well I like you, a lot. So she's gonna have to get used to you," I say back. This brings a smile to his face. "Plus, maybe when she realizes how nice you are she'll think differently of you."

"I'm not nice," he laughs.

"Well you're nice to me," I say.

"Sometimes," he winks. "It's only because I like you so much."

I smile up at him and kiss him gently before pulling away. "So it's settled then. You'll join us tomorrow for dinner," I say.

He sighs. "You're lucky that I do like you," he says. I kiss him again and we eventually drift off to sleep.