Chapter 17

I wake up cold and alone. My head is pounding and I feel like if I move I will throw up. This is my first hangover and I remember why I don't usually drink. I feel like I've been sleeping for a whole day but look over at my clock to see that it is only 10:30 AM. All at once, thoughts rush into my mind from last night which only makes the throbbing worse. I still can't remember a lot. I try to replay the night and figure out how ridiculous I acted, but only one thing comes to my mind.

Luke. Dancing with him, arguing with him on the way home, falling asleep in his arms. Kissing him. I kissed Luke and he kissed me back. Well of course he did, he was the one who kissed me first last weekend. But what does this mean for us? He says all these sweet things to me, but I never know what is actually going through his mind.

I did know one thing: I was feeling something towards Luke. Just the thought of him made my heart race and the sight of him gave me butterflies. Sometimes his words make me so angry that I can't see straight and other times they put me in the clouds. I wasn't quite sure what these feelings meant, but they were definitely there.

Maybe Lin could help me figure it out. I grab my phone that was sitting on my nightstand and dial her number.

"Why the hell are you calling me so early?" She angrily asks after a few rings. It sounds as though she just woke up.

"Well good morning to you too sweetheart," I say with a small laugh.

"It's not a good morning now cause you just woke me up," she whines.

"You needed to get up anyways. We're going shopping and getting lunch, I'll come pick you up in an hour," I say. I only offer to go shopping because I know that she will get up to do that.

"I hate you," she groggily says.

"Love you too, see you in a bit," I say before I hang up.

I put my phone on the charger for a little bit and attempt to get out of bed. As I try to get up, my body aches everywhere and disagrees with my decision to move. When I finally am able to stand up I get very dizzy and feel as if I'm going to puke. My head is also pounding even more than it was. I will not be drinking that much again anytime soon.

I decide to take a shower in hopes that it will make me feel better, it helps a little. I throw on my comfiest sweatpants and t-shirt and put my wet hair up into a bun. No makeup is needed since it's just us girls going shopping. When I am ready, I head downstairs.

"Morning mom," I say as I walk over to the chair she is sitting on and kiss her head. "Can I borrow the car to go shopping with Lin?"

"Sure honey, have fun and tell her I said hello," I hear her say as I make my way to the door, keys already in my hand.

"Thanks, love you!" I call out before walking out of the house.

I am a little early but call her to tell her that I'm here anyways. Luckily she's ready and says she will be out in a sec.

When she walks out, I can tell that she is more hungover than me. For the first time since I've met her, she is wearing no makeup and she is also wearing sweats, not dressed in her usual Lin attire.

"Well hello there sleepy head," I say as she gets in the car.

She gives me a dirty look as she fastens her seat belt. "I hate alcohol," she responds.

"Now you know why I don't drink that much," I say while I pull out of her driveway. "So do you remember anything from last night?"

"I don't remember shit, must have been a great night," she says with a smile. "What about you?" She asks me.