Chapter 46

On the way home I can't help but think, which isn't a good idea. Maybe I needed to tell Luke no, it was easier to think clearly when his lips weren't on my body. It's not that I didn't want him, God did I want him. I just don't want to do this and then something go wrong and lose him. I couldn't lose Luke ever, especially not after this. Was I really ready for this?

Then I remember that I love Luke, more than I have ever loved anything. I wanted to give myself to him in every way. I know that he loved me and if he was just using me for sex, he would've tried a long time ago. I trust him, I know he won't leave. Especially after what happened with his brother. He needed me, and I needed him too. The answer to my question was clear and right in front of me. I was ready.

I just hope that my lack of experience doesn't turn him off.

When we pull up to my house, Luke runs around the car and opens the door for me. He takes my hand in his and leads me up the sidewalk.

"Hey honey," my mom says when we walk in.

Shit, my mom's here. We couldn't do this while my mom was here.

"I'm glad you're home, Troy and I are going to the movies so we needed the car." I sigh with relief. "Did you two want to join us?" She asks.

"No that's okay mom, thanks though," I hurriedly say.

"Okay well Bradley is over at Josh's for the night. I don't know when we'll be home," she says. "Stay down here please," she adds before walking out the door.

"Yeah okay mom," I yell as they exit.

I turn to Luke who is smiling. He walks over to me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I felt very shaky and tense. I felt so awkward. Why was I so nervous? It's Luke.

"Wanna go upstairs?" He asks quietly. There was so much tension between us, it felt as if we were meeting for the first time.

I nod. Of course we weren't going to stay down here. We would have to make sure to come back down before my mom got home though. I turn and start to walk towards the stairs when Luke lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder. 

"Luke!" I scream. I can't help but crack up and my loud laugh echoes through the whole house, causing Luke to laugh too.

When we get upstairs and in front of my door, he gently sets me down. I giggle and look up at him. His smile fades when our eyes meet. I swear I fall in love with him all over again every time I look into his blue eyes.

Before I can say anything, he bends down and kisses me softly while his hand caresses my cheek. That was all that I needed to ignite the fire that I felt on the beach. I pull him tighter against me, making his lips press harder. He pressed his hips against my own, causing me to back into the door behind me. I move my hand along the door and search for the knob, twisting it open when I finally find it. I walk back inside, pulling him with me still against my lips. 

He closes and locks the door behind him before scooping me up in his arms, which makes us both laugh into each other's lips. He continues to kiss me, tangling his tongue with my own. I can feel him walk slowly and suddenly I feel him lower me onto my bed, keeping his lips on mine in the process. He pulls away and slips his hands underneath my back as he slides me up to the pillows. He then crawls on top of me and smiles before bringing his mouth back to mine.

I run my hands through his hair and he kisses my cheek, then my jaw, then moves down to my neck. He hits my favorite spot, kissing it then gently nips it, causing a quiet moan to leave my mouth. I feel him breathe against me, feeling the warm air spread across my body.

I can't take it anymore, I quickly reach my hands down and pull his shirt up over his head before doing the same to mine, needing to feel his skin against my own. He leans back down against me and my body is immediately warmed by him. I run my hands over his broad shoulders, massaging them gently. As he continues to kiss my neck, I slip my hands under his arms and move them to his back. His skin is so hot and smooth and every touch gives me butterflies. He moves his lips back to mine, breathing life into me.