Chapter 5

After school lets out, I decide to do some homework before getting ready for tonight. Calum told me he would be picking me up around 7, so I have a few hours.

At 5, I stop doing homework and take a quick shower. I let my hair air dry so that it will be naturally wavy, just how I like it. I brush on some eyeshadow that I dont usually wear, coat my lashes with mascara and put on a little more eyeliner than usual. I decide to wear my favorite black skinny jeans with rips all down each knee and a loose, dark grey Nirvana tank top. I don't go to parties too often, so I don't really know what to wear but hope I look okay.

By the time I'm done getting ready, I hear a car horn outside and look out my window to see Calum in a dark green 2006 Mustang. I wave down and throw on my grey vans before heading downstairs.

"Hey hun, where are you going?" My mom asks and I realized I completely forgot to talk to her about the party.

"Uh, I'm actually going to a party with a few friends that I told you about, is that okay?" I silently pray the answer will be yes.

"I don't think so dear," she says and I know I will have to argue.

"But mom, it's my first party here and I-" I manage to get out before getting cut off.

"I'm just teasing," she says as she smiles. "But, you better be careful, okay? Promise me," she looks at me with her best mom-glare.

I smile and shake my head. "I promise mom," I say as I run over to her and kiss her forehead. "You're the best mom, love you!" I call out as I run out the door.

"Hey," I say with a smile as I get in Calum's car.

"Well hello there," he responds as he eyes me up and down. "Ready for tonight?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I let out a small laugh.

"You don't have anything to worry about, I promise," he reassures me as he starts to drive. "Especially when you look as good as you do," he adds at the end, causing me to blush as usual.

"Well thank you," I respond back. "You don't look too bad yourself," I add, nudging him on the shoulder. He looked more than good, he looked hot. He was wearing a black Sublime tank top and for the first time, I noticed how big and nice his biceps were.

The rest of the car ride was filled with the two of us singing along to an All Time Low song and by the time the song was over, we pulled up to the giant house. Teenagers were flooding out from the inside of the house, spread out all over the lawn; some that I recognized from school and others I had never seen before. When Calum turned off the car, I could hear loud music that was being blocked out by our music inside the car. As we walked across the street, Calum guided me with his hand on my back.

"This is our friend Tate's house, pretty much everyone from our grade is here and some people you won't recognize are from other school's. This is one of the biggest parties of the year and it's been a tradition since freshman year," Calum explains to me. "Just let yourself go a little and people will learn to love you just like we do."

We finally step inside the house and I am surprised at how this house is able to hold this amount of people. We walk through the crowd, barely squeezing through. As we finally get through the massive sea of teenagers in the hallway, we step into the kitchen where Michael and Ashton are laughing at something.

"There she is, girl of the night!" Michael yells over the blaring music and they both check me out before running to hug me.

"You look fantastic," Ashton says when they finally put me down and Michael nods with him.

"Thanks guys, you all look great as well," I smile.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Calum asks me.