Chapter 61

It is now Friday night and Luke and I are cuddling on the couch while watching a movie. Our friends wanted us to hang out with them tonight, but after last night I didn't really feel like doing anything. 

I had decided that I would go with Bradley whenever he had to see our father. It was a hard decision. I wanted nothing to do with him, but there was no way in hell I was going to let Bradley be alone with him. I don't care what any of his therapists said, I didn't trust him and I never would. 

He wanted to spend time with Bradley immediately, so he chose this weekend to see him. Since it was the first time that they would be spending time together, it would only be for a short time. We would be meeting him at a restaurant for dinner tomorrow and I was bringing Luke.

The last thing I wanted to do was see my father again, but I had no choice. I could tell that my mom was bothered by it as well. For the first time, I was actually happy that she had Troy to comfort her. I wasn't quite sure how Bradley felt about the situation, we didn't really talk about it. I guess I would be finding out tomorrow. 

"How are you?" Luke asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"I don't know," I sighed. 

"It's going to be okay, I promise," he says. It's about the tenth time that he's told me it was going to be okay.

"How do you know that Luke?" I say as I sit up and face him. I was angry and I really didn't know why.

"Well I'm going to be right there with you..." He trails off.

"I know that, but it's my father. It's really not going to be okay." My voice keeps growing louder every time I speak.

"What is your problem?" He asks.

"I have to go see my dad, who abused me and my mom! Nothing is okay at the moment!" I yell.

"Can't you just be happy that you actually have a dad? No matter what he did you still have a father! Now you have both parents in your life and I have neither! I have absolutely no family left!" He yells back even louder. "God Allis, sometimes you can be so selfish." He gets off of the couch and walks away. I didn't know where he was going until I heard his feet stomp up the stairs and the faint noise of his door slamming. 

This only makes the situation worse, causing me to cry again. I'm so sick of crying but I can't help it. Luke was right, I should be thankful that both of my parents are actually alive. Even though my father was technically not a father to me and never was, he was here and trying, while Luke had no parents. He had no family at all. I was all that he had and at the moment I was being a shitty girlfriend. 

When the tears finally stopped and I got myself together, I headed up to Luke's room.

"Luke?" I said quietly as I knocked on the door to our guest bedroom. 

"What do you want?" I heard him say.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Just leave me alone," he said back.

I sighed and walked to my room, alone. I would let him be alone right now, he probably needed it. I couldn't tell if he was crying or not, but either way I felt terrible. I lit a few candles in my room and turned on The 1975 album. I laid in bed and thought about how stupid I was. I got lost in my thoughts and the music and eventually dozed off without meaning to.

I woke up to someone's finger tapping on my nose. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes before I noticed who it was. Luke was laying next to me, curled up in a ball. His hand was covering his mouth and nose so all I could see was his glossy, blue eyes.

"You know you really shouldn't fall asleep with candles burning," he said quietly. 

That was pretty stupid of me.

"When did you come in here?" I ask before turning around to look at the clock on my nightstand. I had been asleep for about two hours. The music was still playing.

"I don't know, a little bit ago," he answered.

"Why?" I whispered.

He hesitates before he speaks. "I couldn't sleep," he whispered back. "I didn't want to be alone anymore," he said after a moment. 

"I'm sorry," I said quietly, looking down at my hands that were close to his. 

"Me too." He gently caressed my face before I took his hand and planted a small kiss on his palm.

I scooted closer to him and he pulled the covers over us and wrapped his arms around me. We eventually fell asleep to the sound of Me by The 1975 playing quietly through the speakers on my desk.

Whether it be at the end of the day or the middle of the night, we were always brought back to each other.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Another filler chapter, but what are your thoughts so far? Any predictions on where this is going?

Also last time I did an author's note I was at 18k which was only 5 days ago and now I'm almost to 26k JEKHGDSIGIUGRIGHR wow you guys are amazing.

I love you all so much thank you for continuing to read :)

Also feel free to message me anytime, I love hearing from you guys and am willing to listen to anything that you have to say!

Much love xx