Chapter 49

I mostly stayed silent during dinner on Sunday night. Troy would try to talk to me a few times and I would give him one word answers. Luke wanted me to at least try with Troy and this was me trying, he's lucky I even responded. I also pretty much ignored my mom the whole time. I was annoyed at her decision to have him move in. 

"So, on Friday Troy and I will be going out of town. He wants to take me to Melbourne and we wanted to have a little vacation. We'll be leaving early Friday morning and won't be back until sometime late Sunday night probably," my mother says. "Bradley is going to be staying at Josh's all weekend and since you are both 18, I can't really do anything but I am trusting you to make smart decisions. Both of you," she continues as she points her fork at us.

I try to hold back a smile as I think about a weekend alone with Luke, it would be perfect. I can tell that he is thinking the same thing when he reaches under the table and squeezes my thigh. 

"Can I trust you to not do anything stupid?" She asks us.

"Yes mom," I answer for both of us. 

The rest of dinner goes by silently like before, but I am in a better mood due to the news.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thankfully school flies by the next day. At lunch, Linley and I talk while the boys are too busy with their own conversation.

"So my mom is going out of town this weekend. Luke and I are gonna have the house all to ourselves," I whisper to Lin, not wanting the other boys to hear. 

"What?" Michael butts in. 

"Did you just say your parents aren't gonna be home all weekend?" Ashton says. Apparently my whisper wasn't quiet enough.

"Well yes, but you guys weren't supposed to hear that," I say with a giggle. 

"HAVE A PARTY!" Calum and Michael both yell at the same time.

"What? Yeah right," I say as I shake my head.

"Come on, nobody is having one this Friday! And you have the perfect house for it!" Ashton exclaims.

"When have you ever been to her house?" Luke asks.

"When you were being an asshole," Ashton says and everyone giggles.

"I don't have any alcohol or food or anything party-related and I do not want to clean up after these people," I say back.

"We'll all pitch in for food and stuff and if people give money for alcohol too I know someone who can get it for us. Plus we'll all help you clean up when it's over, probably the next day since we'll all be wasted...but we'll still help," Calum says excitedly.

"Pleeeeeease," Michael begs with a pouty face. All of them are now giving me puppy dog eyes, including Lin and Luke.

"Luke? You want me to have a party?" I ask.

"Yeah why not? I think it'd be fun," he says with a smile.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. "I can't believe I'm about to do this," I say quietly.

"Is that a yes?!" Linely asks.

I look up at all of them as they wait for my answer and sigh again. "Fine," I say as I roll my eyes. 

I can't help but smile and shake my head as they all celebrate. Everyone besides Luke pulls out their phones and start texting. I gurantee they are telling people about the party.

By the time the day is over, I knew I was right. Word spreads extremely fast as I hear all about my own party in the halls. 

Why did I ever agree to this?