Chapter 50

After school on Wednesday, the six of us go to the closest store. Lin and I decide to get the food and we let the boys pick out whatever they're going to decorate the house with. I told them to not go too big since parties we go to don't usually have many decorations, but they won't listen. I'm scared to see what they pick out. We get a lot of snack foods such as various kinds of chips and candy and we decide to order pizza before everyone gets there. We get a bunch of different types of soda for chasers/mixed drinks. When we finish, I text the boys to meet us in the middle of the store. 

A few minutes later, we see them walking towards us with a full cart. They are all smiling and I instantly know that it was a bad idea to let them pick this stuff out on their own. When they reach us, I shake my head as I go through the cart. It is filled with Solo cups and ping pong balls for beer pong, light strands, two laser light machines, blacklight light bulbs and a disco ball.

"A disco ball, really?" I ask them.

"It was Ashton's idea!" Michael says quickly and points to Ash.

"Hey!" Ashton says back. I have a feeling it wasn't his idea. 

"This is a ridiculous amount of stupid stuff guys," I say.

Luke wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. "It'll be fun babe, I promise." The rest of them nod in agreement and I sigh as we start walking to the checkout.

The more I think about the party, I can't help but worry. What if something breaks? What if my mom somehow finds out? Every single worst scenario I can think of runs through my head and I begin to regret my decision. I couldn't back out now though. I have to reassure myself that it will be fine. As much as I hate to admit it, a small part of me is actually a little excited.

Our friends have to take all of the party supplies home. I think my mom would get a little suspicious if we walked in with all kinds of lights and a crap ton of food. Luke and I spend the rest of our night doing homework and making a playlist for the party on my laptop. Luckily, my house had a system where I could hook my laptop up and the music would play through speakers all around the downstairs. Ashton was right, I kind of did have the perfect house for a party.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Troy and my mom leave when we leave to go to school Friday morning. We say bye to them before riding away with Luke like usual. The day is filled with excitement and even I have a hard time paying attention in my classes. As I walk in the hallway, people occasionally say that they'll see me tonight or pat me on the back and tell me that they're looking forward to the party. All of this attention surprised me and felt weird. Sometimes I could feel Luke get jealous as he held my hand tighter when guys acknowledged me. Lunch is nothing but talk of how excited we all are and the plan to set up.

The day ends quickly and we all head over to my house. Luke and I ride home together and drop Bradley and Josh off next door.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me and I mean it. I'm gonna have a few friends over so just make sure to call me before coming home if you need to," I tell Bradley before he gets out of the car.

"Okay love you," he says.

"Love you too, have fun!" I yell out the window.

Luke turns to me and laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just can't wait for our few friends to come over," he says with a smile.

"Shut up," I say and roll my eyes.

We pull into my driveway and the others all pull up soon after. Michael and Linley carry the bags of food and drinks and Ashton grabs the bags filled with lights and other things. Calum gets ouf of his car with three bags full of alcohol. When we get inside, we immediately start setting up. Lin and I set up all of the food and drinks in the kitchen as the boys get the rest of the house ready.

When we're done with the kitchen, we walk around to check out how the decorating is going. The beer pong is set up on the dining room table and we walk to the living room that hasn't been touched. They decide to leave the couches for extra seating. Luckily, they removed almost all things that could be broken and I was proud of them for that. The backyard has chairs set up in a circle around our large fire pit. We hear the boys laughing below us and make our way down to the basement.

They had completely transformed it. They pushed the couch all the way to the wall and made room for dancing, luckily we had wood floors. The disco ball was hanging in the middle of the room and the other lights were spread out, creating just enough light to see. The laser machines switched between two settings, sometimes they just projected lasers straight across the room and the other setting made tiny, flashing dots move all over. I was definitely impressed. 

We all made our way upstairs since it was almost time for people to start arriving. Luke and I went all the way upstairs to start the music.

"Hey," he said as he turned me around before I could reach my laptop. "Don't worry about anything tonight, let's just have fun okay?" He grabs my waist and pulls me into him.

"Okay," I smile up at him. He leans down and kisses me softly before letting me get back to the task at hand.

I turn on the music and we head back downstairs with the others. They all have drinks in hand and Luke makes himself and me our own. I take a sip and gladly taste my favorite drink, raspberry vodka mixed with lemonade. He knew me too well.

"So I'd like to make a toast," Ashton says as we all stand in a circle. "To Allis, for letting us have a party at her house and for being awesome!"

"You're such a dork," I say and shake my head.

"To Allis!" They all say in unison and we tap our cups together.

It was going to be a good night with my great friends.