Chapter 6

We dance and play beer pong for hours, Ashton and I win 11 games before we finally get tired of playing. We walk over to Calum who is talking to another cute boy.

"Allis! Just who I wanted to find," Calum puts his arm around me and we face the boy he was talking to. "This is Tate, the owner of this house and the great guy responsible for this amazing party."

"Nice to meet you Allis, you are very beautiful." I shake his hand and blush at his comment. The boys here found me way more attractive than the boys in Ohio did and that is definitely something I would never get tired of hearing. Tate was about as tall as Calum and Ashton with golden blonde hair and large, toned arms. "Calum has told me all about you, I hope you're enjoying it here and I hope you're having a great time tonight," he says to me after letting go of my hand.

"I am, thank you," I smile back at him. We continue making small talk amongst the four of us and Calum shows us that Michael and Linley are still dancing together. Calum, Ashton and I make a bet to see how long it will take Michael to ask her out.

Throughout the night I occasionally spot Luke in the crowd talking to different girls everytime, the boys weren't lying when they said he was a man whore. But it's definitely easy to see why. Sometimes he glances back at me and gives me a look as if he is repulsed by me before turning back to who he was talking to.

Eventually Calum tells me that everybody is about to head out and that we should leave now so we can beat the crowd. I hug Ashton goodbye and find Michael and Linley chatting against a wall. I run over to them and hug Michael.

"It was lovely meeting you," Linley says as she hugs me. "Here, text me anytime," she says and we exchange numbers. With that, Calum and I leave.

When we arrive at my house, he turns off the car in my driveway. 

"So, what'd you think?" He turns and smiles at me.

I smile widely before talking. "I had an amazing time, thank you so much for inviting and taking me."

"I knew you'd love it, and it's no problem at all." He says with a small smile.

"You guys were freaking amazing by the way! I was so impressed. Good night Calum, text me tomorrow?" I say as I lean over and hug him.

"Yeah, of course. Night Allis."

I hop out of the car and run inside. The TV is on and my brother is passed out on the couch, mom is sitting in a chair asleep but wakes up when I shut the door.

"Hey honey, have a good night?" She says as she yawns.

"Definitely. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, okay mom? I love you," I whisper and kiss her on the cheek.

"Love you too sweetie," she says before waking up Bradley and heading upstairs with him.

When I finally get in my bed after changing, I realize that it's now 3:30 in the morning. Tonight was the latest I had stayed out in a while, it was also the best night I have had in a long time. As I lay in the dark, I think of everything about tonight. My new friend Linley, how cute Tate was and how I couldn't wait to party with everyone again.

My thoughts are all happy until Luke reappears in my mind. Why did he act like he hated me so much? He didn't even know me. Why did I care so much? I usually just brush rude people off, forget about them. But there was something weird about Luke, something that interested me. I wanted to know why he wanted nothing to do with me when he clearly didn't feel that way about anybody else. Even the boys were confused by his behavior. Part of me wants to ignore him, to just let it go and not let him get to me. But the other part wants to get inside his head, to know what he's like.

I drift off to sleep with his beautiful face in my mind, his amazing voice singing me to sleep.