Chapter 75

Song for the chapter: Overjoyed by Bastille

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

When I wake up the next morning, Luke is sleeping next to me. I don't know when he got home last night, but I am glad that he did come home. My alarm for school is going off, but he doesn't even budge. I decide to let him sleep since he was so tired yesterday. He probably got home late too, so I won't make him get up for school. I get ready and leave a note for him before I leave.

Luke,

Didn't want to wake you. Stay home from school and get the sleep that you need. I missed you yesterday, see you when I get home.

I love you 

p.s. more than yesterday

The day goes by slowly and is boring without Luke. The rest of the guys all look tired as well and don't talk as much as usual. Lin and I find it weird, but we don't ask. For some reason I'm not in a good mood today, probably since I didn't get to see my boyfriend at all last night. I just felt off. Being away from him had that effect on me. 

I was glad when school finally ended and I drove Bradley home before heading back to my own home. I was excited to see Luke and had been waiting all day. 

As I step into our aparment, I find Luke sitting on the couch. He is sitting in the silence with his hands intertwined in his lap. I walk over in front of him and he looks up at me with sad eyes.

"Luke? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Sit with me," he says quietly and pats the spot next to him. 

I drop my backpack to the floor and slowly sit by him, my body turned to face him. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I love you Allison," he says and turns to me.

"I love you Luke, but will you please tell me what's wrong? You're scaring me," I say with pleading eyes.

"We didn't have band practice yesterday, it was more of a meeting..." He trails off.

"A meeting that lasted all day?" I ask with an attempted smile.

"We had some stuff to discuss, and a lot of thinking to do. We have a big decision to make," he says.

My stomach begins to churn and I want to believe that he is not talking about what I think. "A decision about what?" I ask quietly, all traces of a smile on my lips have disappeared.

He sighs before speaking, which was never a good sign. "Louis contacted us. Well, One Direction as a whole contacted us..." He trails off again. He doesn't even have to say the rest as I already know what he's going to say. "They loved us," he says with a small smile, "and they want us to go on tour with them." The smile immediately fades when he says those last few words. The words that had haunted me for the past few weeks.

I feel my eyes water and I have to close them and blink repeatedly in order to push back the tears. "That's great Luke," I say and my voice cracks a tad. I know that I can't speak anymore or else I will start crying.

He swallows hard before talking again. "The boys want to do it, but I haven't made my decision."

"You have to Luke. It's your dream, and they can't go without you. It's not the same with only three members," I say as quick as I can, trying not to let the tears fall. I didn't want him to leave me, but he needed to pursue his dream, and I wasn't going to stand in his way of that.

"Allis, I don't know what to do," he whispers and the tears fall from his eyes. I bring him into my arms and try to be strong for him. "I was out all night because I had to think. I drove to the beach and sat alone in the sand for hours, thinking of everything. Thinking of you and your family and our home. I don't know what to do."

It all made sense now. Why the guys were acting so weird today, why Luke didn't come home. I felt sick. I didn't know what I wanted him to do, and I had no idea what his decision was going to be.

"Let's just go lay in bed, okay?" I ask. All I needed to do right now was hold him. He nods and I stand up, taking his hand in mine. His cheeks are stained with tears, which was almost enough to make me cry. I had to hold it back. If he saw me cry, I knew he would turn down the offer that would determine his future. 

When he laid down on our bed, I shut the door and turned off the lights. I made my way over and was immediately wrapped in his arms when I fell on the bed. We stayed awake for hours. We would occasionally kiss and his hands would tangle themselves in my hair. His tongue was unnaturally cold against mine. Sometimes I could even feel a tear of his fall onto my upper lip.

When I was sure that he was finally asleep, I let my built-up tears fall. They came down fast and in a great amount. I try to silence my sobs so I would not wake him. As the time passes, his grip around me loosens and I can already feel him slipping away.