Chapter 31

After that night, I saw Luke differently. He was the same boy that I had been dating, nothing about him had changed. But I felt a stronger connection to him, he was pulling me in deeper as each day went by. He was the magnet that attracted me and I clung right to him. He was the angel sent down for me, without even trying to be. Everything about him was right. There was nothing that he did that made me think these things, nothing was different. Except for my feelings.

I loved him, and that's all there was to it. I love Luke.

Of course I couldn't tell him this yet, we had only been dating for a short time and I didn't want him to think I was crazy. I was more afraid of him not loving me back. I know that he cared deeply for me, but it was Luke we were talking about. He doesn't usually date, he doesn't even stay with a girl for more than a week; he couldn't possibly love me.

But I loved him, and there was nothing that either one of us could do that would change that. I was way past the point of it being a crush, I had a burning desire for him. The kind of feeling that makes your whole body hot. My skin tingles when he touches me even the slightest and electricity shoots through me. His words and lips bring me to life, making me feel brand new. Just the thought of him makes me smile, his presence gives me butterflies all over.

I love him. It sounded better each time I said it.

I love Luke.

I needed to know if he loved me. From what I've heard before we dated, Luke was incapable of loving someone. Was that true? If you didn't know him like I did, I could see why you would think that. Hell I even thought that at first. But I believed differently now. I think that Luke is capable of many things, especially loving someone. Has he ever been in love? I couldn't help but wonder. One thing came to mind.

Aleisha. The name that I was so unfamiliar with, yet gave me chills. Ashton had told me that she was the last girl that he was in a relationship with. Did Luke love her? I knew nothing about their relationship. I knew nothing about Luke's love life besides the fact that he went through a lot of girls before me. Why didn't he tell me anything about her when he was telling me about his past? I didn't tell him about my past relationships either, but he didn't ask. Of course I didn't ask either. I wonder if he would tell me if I asked, then again he hates when I ask a lot of questions.

I shouldn't be afraid to ask my own boyfriend questions. He would either tell me what I wanted to know, or he would get mad and start a fight. The second one is the most probable, but I would try anyways. What's the harm in asking?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

School goes quickly on Wednesday, and Luke has been in a good mood all day. Maybe I could actually ask him about his past without him getting mad at me. I decided that I would bring it up tonight when he comes over. There hasn't been a night where he hasn't stayed with me, and he actually stays until the morning. About an hour before my alarm goes off, he wakes me up and kisses me goodbye before leaving to go home and get ready for school.

Since my mom basically told me that she liked Luke last night after dinner, I have been nicer to her. I actually eat dinner with her and Bradley and we all have a nice conversation about school and our friends.

"Why don't you bring Luke to dinner on Friday night?" I hear her say and almost spit out my food. She said he was nice, but I didn't think she liked him that much.

"You're serious?" I ask.

"Yeah, why not? I'm making my special Bourbon chicken and I'm sure we'll have enough for two extra people," she says with a small smile. I'm guessing that the other person would be Josh.