Chapter 32

The next day at school, I don't see Luke. He doesn't wait for me at my locker and he doesn't walk me to my classes. This puts me in a shitty mood and I'm glad that we have lectures in every class so I don't have to talk to anyone. By lunch time, it's obvious that I'm upset at something. To top the day off, Luke sits at our table.

"What's going on?" Lin whispers to me when she sees that he doesn't sit by me or even acknowledge me.

"Oh we're just fighting so now he's ignoring me and being an ass," I say a little loudly.

He hears me and looks over at me for the first time before shaking his head and continuing to talk to Michael.

When the bell rings, I get out of the lunch room as fast as I can.

"Hey Allis, wait up!" I hear Ashton say from behind me. I turn and wait for him to catch up. "Hey babe, how are you?"

"Eh," I say.

"I can tell. Luke?" He asks.

"Yep," I answer.

"He's mad at me too. He yelled at me earlier for telling you about Aleisha. I should have never said anything, now I got us both in trouble," he says and looks at me with a sad face.

"It's not your fault Ash," I look up and give him the best smile I can. "He shouldn't be such an ass about it."

"I know, but I really shouldn't have brought her up. It was a really bad time in his life, so I can understand why he's mad. He'll get over it soon, I promise." He gives me a small hug and we walk into our class together.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The next day goes pretty much the same as yesterday, Luke ignores me and I don't talk to anybody. I wonder how long this was going to go on. I hate when he does this. I was so mad at him for ignoring me like this, acting like I'm not even his girlfriend. But I was, and he was my asshole boyfriend.

This is how Luke was and if I wanted to be with him, I was gonna have to get used to it. I loved him, so of course I was going to put up with it. Sometimes he makes me want to bang my head against the wall and scream in his face. But at the same time I wanted to kiss him and hold him all night. That's was love was all about, right?

When I get home from school, I immediately go to my room. I just wanted to be alone and listen to my music. I shut and lock my door and plug my phone into my speakers, blaring Bring Me The Horizon. I get lost in the words and drift off to sleep, forgetting about the last two days. 

I am startled awake when I hear Bradley knock on my door and tell me that dinner is ready. I sigh and get up slowly, not wanting to deal with anything. I was tired and in a bad mood and really not even hungry. 

I walk downstairs and see the two extra plates set at the table. Shit. This was the dinner that Luke was supposed to come to, I was too tired to remember that it was tonight. Great, my mom actually invited Luke for once and I will have to come up with something as to why he's not here. I sit down at the table first and I am the only one in the room. I try to think of my lie when I am interrupted by Bradley sitting down.

"Where's Josh?" I ask.

"At home," he laughs.

"He's not coming to dinner?" 

"No," he says.

"Then who is the extra plate for?" I'm confused.

"It's for my guest," I hear my mother say before Bradley can speak.

I turn around and see my mom and a man who I have never seen before walk out of the kitchen. He is a very handsome man and looks about my mom's age.