𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦〔 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

We slowly approach the rundown motel and JJ whistles lowly as I cringe at the state of the place.

"I thought the chateau looked bad" The blonde comments.

"This place is a shitshow" John B agrees.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara asks sarcastically.

"You be the judge" Pope replies.

"It was Agatha all along" I mumble under my breath.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady White stays" John B declares.

"No. Looks like the type of place someone with a Grady White would get killed" Pope retorts.

"All right. Here we go" John B says.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin in for landing" JJ announces, cupping his mouth like a speaker.

We reach the riverbank and JJ hops off the front of the boat, tying up the rope.

"We good?" John B asks.

"Yeah, we good" JJ answers.

"All right. Here goes nothin'" John B mutters.

"Hey" Pope speaks up.

"Yeah?" John B asks.

"Don't let him do anything stupid" Pope warns him, pointing at JJ.

"Oh, we will" JJ nods.

"I'm not making promises" John B replies.

"Yeah, I know" Pope huffs.

"Uh, be careful. I mean it" Kiara tells John B and I study the two, confused at their sudden closeness.

"Yeah" John B chuckles.

"Let's go" He adds, slapping JJ's arm.

"Wait for me!" I perk up.

John B hold's out his hand for me and I take it, hopping onto the grass of the riverbank.

"Why are all these mattresses out here?" John B asks as we enter the motel grounds.

"After a hurricane, they ditch em' cause they're all mouldy" JJ answers.

"So much work" I comment and both boys nod in agreement.

I head up the metal staircase and check the door numbers as we pass, looking for room two twenty nine.

"Just be so careful, John" I hear JJ say and turn to see him grab John B's face.

"God, you're so weird" John B groans, pushing him away and I grin in amusement at the pair.

"What the heck was that about?" JJ asks.

"I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful" John B retorts and I snort.