𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

The doorbell goes as Rafe and I are sat on the sofa after a shower, watching some cheesy romcom I've never seen before. Rafe gets up to get it while I cuddle up in his old college crewneck, thanking myself mentally for leaving a comfy pair of black leggings here earlier in the week.

"What the fuck are you doing at my house?" Rafe spits out.

"Where is my sister?" I hear JJ demand and my eyes widen, jumping off the sofa.

"Get lost, JJ" Rafe retorts, trying to slam the door in his face but JJ catches the door and swings it open.

"Adelaide!" JJ hollers.

"What do you want, JJ?" I snap at him, pulling Rafe behind me before he can strangle my brother to death.

"You gotta come with me" He declares, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me out the door.

"Let her go" Rafe growls, ripping me out of JJ's hold.

"Rafe" I warn him, but he holds me close with a glare pointed at JJ.

"You wanna call off your guard dog for a sec?" JJ asks bitterly.

"Not really" I shrug "Might need him to pull me back incase I down the rest of my drink and decide to beat on you"

My brother frowns at my words, his eye swimming with hurt and regret but I keep a straight face, remembering clearly all the words he said to me.

"Addy, I know what I did was completely out of order and I can't even explain how sorry I am for that, and I'm not trying to excuse what I did but I'm really fucking worried about you, okay?" JJ speaks sincerely and I cross my arms over my chest, looking down at the floor to avoid his sad eyes "And the Pogues really need you right now"

"You need my help?" I scoff "You pull that shit on me and then show up with a half assed apology because you need my help"

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't important, and if it helps my case, the help isn't for me" JJ says sheepishly.

"Don't move" I order, slamming the door shut and turning to Rafe.

"You aren't seriously about to help him" The Cameron boy says in disbelief.

"No" I say, pulling on my beat up chucks "I'm about to help Kie and Pope"

"Those little brats don't appreciate you enough" He grumbles, leaning against the door.

"Don't bitch. It's not attractive" I hum.

"Liar. I'm always attractive" He argues.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, babe" I reply absentmindedly, grabbing my phone off the table and walking back to the door where he's still stood "Move out the way"

"Give me a kiss" He counters.

"Do you want me to tell you you're a pretty boy?" I coo teasingly.

"You know what? Just leave it" He huffs, moving to walk away but I grab his arm.

I press my lips to his in a short kiss and he pecks my lips again quickly.

"You are a pretty boy, Rafe" I tell him and he tries to fight off a smile.

"Go away" He groans, pushing me playfully.

I plant a kiss on his cheek and swing the door open to see JJ still stood there, only now with Kiara and Pope.

"To the mystery machine, Scooby gang" I announce, shutting the front door and walking straight past the trio.

"Addy, where are you going?!" I hear a young voice shout and I swivel around to see Wheezie running over to me.

"I have errands to run" I tell her vaguely.

"You said you'd take me shopping" She pouts.

"I'll be back later" I assure her, ruffling her hair.

"Adelaide" She whines, slapping my hand away and I grin in amusement as I walk away.

"Be ready for six, Lou!" I holler back at her.

"Five!" She bargains.

"Five thirty!" I counter.

"Deal!" She agrees

"Have a lovely day, Adelaide" The gardener says to me as we exit the gate and I smile at the older woman with a warm smile.

"You too, Harriet" I respond sweetly "Tell David I said congratulations on the wedding"

"Of course" She beams, clearly very proud of her son and daughter in law.

"You seem cosy here" JJ comments as we get into Kiara's car.

"Well I have known the people since I was sixteen" I state, kicking my feet up on the dashboard with a laugh "You have no idea how many times Harriet and the landscaper James have caught me sneaking through the yard. At some point I stopped sneaking at all and opted for just talking to them as I'd come and go, literally"

"Cum and go. Get it?" I add in amusement.

"You've been sleeping with Rafe for three years?!" JJ shrieks dramatically and I look at Kiara.

"You didn't tell him everything?" I hiss at her.

"I didn't tell him anything" She argues so I spin around in my seat to look at Pope.

"Hey, don't look at me like that! What explanation did you expect me to have ready when he asked where you were and I had to answer 'Tannyhill'?" Pope complains.

"You could at least tell him everything so I don't let it slip myself!" I retort.

"Pope told him that you were spending time with Wheezie because you were sad about Sarah leaving her behind" Kiara explains.

"Oh, God" I mutter, sinking down into my seat.

"I'm not happy about this" JJ comments with a glare as Kiara drives.

"I'm not happy about you being a dickhead either" I snap at him sassily.

"Children, stop fighting" Pope demands.

"Tell me why you've brought me here then" I demand.

"Sarah and John B are alive" He blurts out.