𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹〔 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Oh shit! They found the truck" Kiara curses as we reach the scene of the accident, now crawling with cops.

"Chill, chill, chill, chill" Pope warns us.

"Of course" JJ scoffs.

"All right, just relax. Just relax" John B chants.

"Well, lookee here" Sheriff Shoupe declares as we pull up next to him

"Good evening, Officer" John B greets the man.

"Sheriff" Shoupe corrects.

"Sheriff. Yeah, that's right" John B nods "Speed kills, huh?"

"I pulled the tags, and I know whose truck that is" Shoupe says matter of factly before shining his torch at Kiara on the floor at my feet "Hey! Kie, you drop your weed pen back there?"

"Found it" She replies, giving him a thumbs up.

"Oh" Shoupe hums in amusement.

"Sheriff, I just wanna say that this is all my fault. She had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility" Pope speaks up, taking the wrap for the crash.

"Nothing to do with it? Uh-huh. You wanna try that again?" Shoupe questions rhetorically before looking at Kiara "Your parents reported the truck missing four hours ago, and the keys were missing from the house. I'm taking you home. Or I can pull you all in for leaving the scene of an accident"

"Okay" Kiara agrees to go.

"Good. Plumb" Shoupe orders the officer who opens the van door for Kiara.

"Yeah. I gotta deal" Kiara sighs softly, getting out the vehicle "Hit me up later and make sure I'm still alive"

"Will do, Kie" I assure her.

"Come on. Let's get you home" Shoupe ushers the girl away.

☼ ☼ ☼

The Twinkie pulls over outside the Cameron residence and we all climb out the van, heading over to the wall.

"He's got the truck" JJ whispers.

"Stay low, stay low, stay low" John B warns us as we watch Rafe park the truck outside the house.

"How much do you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope speaks up.

"There's only one way to find out" Sarah says, walking towards the gate as Rafe enters Tannyhill.

"Hey, hey. Wait" John B stops her.

"What?" She snaps at him.

"Look, before you volunteer on this death mission, I need to know a couple things" He explains.

"'Death mission,' that sounds familiar" She scoffs.

"Okay, look, Sarah, I just have questions" He tells her.