𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰〔 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Where the hell were you guys?!" Pope shouts at us in disbelief as we climb out of the truck.

"Paternal complications" Kiara says vaguely.

"Luke was at the Chateau" JJ says bluntly.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator" Pope declares.

"Like, for real?" JJ asks in surprise.

"Holy shit" I mumble.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah retorts.

"Okay, what the hell happened?" Kiara snaps.

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!" John B shrieks.

"He got bit by a gator!" Pope says in unison with John B.

"I dunno why I'm being yelled at, because I put my ass on the line!" Kiara sasses them.

"You're being yelled at because it was 20 minutes-" Pope starts but he's cut off.

"We got here as fast as we could!" Kiara yells.

We all start shouting at each other to the point that our words jumble together and I can hardly hear myself think anymore.

"Shut up!" JJ screams and we all pause, looking at him "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second"

My brother leans against a tree and runs his fingers through his hair in frustration while we all stay silent, taking a breather.

"Look, we just helped our dad leave this island for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, 'Bon voyage'" JJ explains.

"That's not the right language" Sarah mumbles under her breath and I smile in amusement.

"All we got... And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it" JJ declares "And I've come too close to losing you, all of you"

"I mean, shit, like you two almost drowned" JJ points at Kiara and I "Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. John B, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro!"

"So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues" JJ tells us all sternly "Sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..."

We all start clapping, smiling at the blonde boy proudly and he grins, relaxing.

"Yeah. All right" He laughs.

"Well done" Pope congratulates his boyfriend.

"I gotta be honest. That was the best freaking speech you have ever given" John B declares "Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip-flopped"

JJ flips his best friend both of his middle fingers and I let out an amused laugh, wrapping my arm around the boy who presses a kiss to my head and hugs me tightly.