𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘺 𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I stand with Kiara and John B, waiting for Pope and JJ to appear from the wooded area surrounding us. The sound of a twig snapping catches our attention and a flock of birds fly from their places in the trees, clearly terrified by the noise.

"Oh, shit!" JJ shrieks, frightened by the birds.

I let out a laugh and Pope looks at the boy next to him in exasperation, as if to say 'how on earth did I get stuck with you?'.

We turn to the small wooden door that we're sure leads to the basement and Kiara grabs my hand.

"Look at us, just a pair of girlfriends with their favourite boyfriends and the group's token straight friend" I declare to ease the tension, pointing from Kiara and I to JJ and Pope before grinning at John B.

"I'm straight" Both JJ and Kiara argue and I share an unconvinced look with John B.

"Y'all are about as straight as the rainbow" I retort.

"Here we go" John B mumbles before entering the house, not wanting to hear anymore arguing.

Kiara follows behind, pulling me with her and then Pope follows behind us with JJ.

"Down came Mrs Crain and cut off all our heads. Up came the sun and dried up all the blood" JJ sings behind me.

"Can you stop?" Pope snaps at the blonde.

"See any water?" Kiara asks as we all continue our search for water.

"Another dead end?" She asks when no one answers her.

"There's not even water on the pipes" JJ observes.

"There's no water here" Pope sighs.

"Not a dropamino" JJ chirps.

"Know why we didn't find it? Bad karma" Kiara announces and I sense a shit load of bad energy which is why I move to stand in between Pope and JJ.

"Oh, God. Here we go" John B groans.

"You know, we had a good thing going. And then you decide to rope in Barbie, and now the trail's gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not" Kiara rants.

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah" John B huffs.

"Yeah?" Kiara replies.

"Yeah. What the hell's the deal with you two?" John B snaps.

"Nothing" Kiara states.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?" John B asks smugly and Kiara smacks the boy in the face, his head whipping to the side.

"Oh, shit. That echoed, dude" JJ gasps as he and Pope wince for the Routledge boy.

"Attagirl. You tell him, gorgeous" I encourage her.

"Stop treating me like I'm some girl what's obsessed with you instead of your best friend who's actually trying to look out for you" Kiara spits.