𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦〔 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

While I'm to busy observing the couple Ward must get to his feet because he barrels past me and charges at John B, grabbing the boy in a headlock.

"No! No!" Sarah screeches.

"It's your fault!" Ward barks "Your fault!"

John B struggles against the man, managing to slip from his hold and throw a punch at him. The two males fight clumsily and I rush to Sarah's side, wrapping my arms around her.

The young Routledge boy gets the upper hand and slams his fist into Ward's face, sending him reeling backwards. Ward's head smacks the metal edge of the ship and the man reaches behind his head before lifting his hand up, crimson blood coating his fingers.

"Is this how you did it, huh?" John B questions in anger, crouching down next to the older man "Is this how you killed my father? You just threw him in the ocean?"

"I never got to say goodbye. Because of you" He sniffles in grief, grabbing Ward's face "This is all your fault"

Tears stream down Sarah's face as she watches the scene before us and I gently press a kiss to her temple, holding her a little tighter.

"I'm here" I assure her.

"Thank you" She whispers, her voice raspy.

"Anytime, princess" I smile reassuringly.

John B leaves Ward laying on the ground and rushes towards us, crouching down to wipe Sarah's tears.

"Hey, we gotta go, okay? I got you" He tells her before looking at me "Come on, Addy. We gotta pick up the others"

The boy helps us both up and Sarah leaves my side, holding onto her boyfriend for support.

"Ready?" John B asks us as we near the edge of the ship "One, two, three"

Sarah and John B leap off the ship and straight into the water below but I hesitate, looking back at the ship where I know the man I love is waiting for me.

"Come on, Addy!" Sarah calls out from the water.

In a split decision I close my eyes tightly and jump from the edge, letting myself pummel into the cold water. I resurface from freezing cold enveloping my body and start swimming towards the lifeboat Sarah and John B are already on. Sarah helps pull me from the water while John B starts up the engine and speed around the ship.

We reach Pope and a girl I recognise as Cleo just in time to see the Cross being hauled back onto the ship with nothing but a rope.

"Pope!" John B hollers.

"Hey! We're over here" Pope shouts.

"We're over here!" Cleo then yells as we head towards them.

"Hey!" Pope greets us.

"Give me your hand" Sarah tells Cleo.

"Pope!" I gasp, helping John B pull the boy onto the boat "Oh my God"