𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹〔 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

After hours upon hours of smashing and screaming, our father goes silent and I push open my closet that I'm sitting in to block out the yelling he was doing. I pull myself to my feet and carefully make my way through the house, into the living room. My bottom lip trembles when I find my younger brother standing over our sleeping father, gun pointed at the older man. I watch silently as he struggles to bring himself to shoot the man, letting out a sob and lowering his arm.

"Hey, squirt" I breathe out and he looks over to me in surprise as I walk over to him.

"He deserves it" The blonde boy cries out.

"I know he does, J" I assure him, pulling him into my arms "But you don't deserve the consequences"

"I want him dead" JJ sobs onto my shoulder, clinging onto me tightly.

"And that's okay" I mumble.

I pull him out at arms length and wipe at his tears with my thumbs before placing a kiss on the centre of his forehead.

"Why don't you go to the chateau and hang with John B? I don't want you here when Dad wakes up" I tell him.

"What about you?" He frowns.

"I'll head over to Kie's after I clean up a bit" I smile weakly.

"I don't know why you bother" The blonde scoffs, wiping his nose on his sleeve.

"You should let Pope know you're out. He was worried about you" I change the subject.

"He was?" JJ smiles in amusement.

"Of course he was" Is all I say, ruffling the blonde's hair "I'll see you later, smelly"

"I'll see you later, stinky" He replies, grabbing his bag.

"Worried about me" JJ mutters under his breath as he walks to the door and I smile happily.

My phone rings and I pull it out my pocket to see Kiara's caller ID.

"Hello, gorgeous" I hum.

"Hey, beautiful" She replies, sounding relieved.

"What's up?" I ask curiously.

"Can you come over?" She asks.

"Sure. Are you okay? You seem weirded out" I say to the girl as I exit my house.

"There's a box here with your name on it" She says in confusion and I frown.

"A box?" I question "What kinda box?"

"An expensive one" She answers vaguely.

"Well, that is unsettling" I comment.

"Just come in when you're here. My mom is dragging me away now" She tells me, yelling unnecessarily loud and I chuckle.

"Got it" I chirp, hanging up.

I quickly arrive at the Carrera household and I enter the house like I have many times before, heading up the stairs towards Kiara's bedroom. I notice the girl isn't in the room but I spot the large looking box in question on her bed so I walk over to it. Running my fingers along the matte grey patterned box, I sigh and tug at the white satin bow. The bow comes undone and I lift off the lid, my eyes widening at the contents. I grab the small note on top of the things inside and read the scribbled handwriting.