𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺〔 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Okay, maybe we can walk from here" Pope suggests as we all stand knee deep in swamp water.

"What? And leave the Twinkie?" John B asks in disbelief "The- the tide's coming in"

"So then what are we supposed to do?" Sarah questions.

"Not stay here" JJ answers.

"I second that" I agree.

"I can take my dad's truck" Kiara blurts out and we all look at her in surprise.

"Kie, are you sure?" John B asks in concern.

"How much worse can it get, you know?" The Carrera girl shrugs.

"We need something to pull her out with" JJ adds, changing the subject "There's the winch at the Chateau. That's, like, two miles"

"Yeah, that's a good idea" Sarah agrees.

"If you're gonna do it, let's go, okay?" John B declares.

"All right" Kiara nods.

"Tide's coming in. Twinkie's going underwater" John B adds.

"Double time, Kie. We gotta move" JJ tells the girl.

"Wait up!" I shout, racing after the pair who look back at me in curiosity "I'm not waiting around in a swamp for you to get back"

"Ah, I forgot your new Kook self is too good for dirt now" JJ comments sarcastically as we walk.

"Shut up, JJ" Kiara warns him.

"It's fine, Kie. Let him get it all out" I wave her off.

"How's living with the Camerons?" JJ asks me.

"It's really great. None of them beat on me or verbally attack me at any given chance" I answer simply, sending him a pointed look.

"That's what you think I'm doing? Attacking you?" JJ scoffs in disbelief.

"I don't think you are, I know you are" I correct him matter of factly.

"You know what? I'll show you attacking" JJ mutters out before I'm tackled to the ground.

"JJ, what the hell?!" Kiara shrieks.

I immediately kick my brother off of me and he groans in pain, holding his stomach. As I pull myself to my feet and try to walk away, he grabs my ankle and yanks it so hard that I hit the ground again with a loud thud.

"Oh, you wanna play?" I growl out in anger "Let's play then, bitch"

I lunge at him and throw a punch at him, my knuckles connecting with his jaw. JJ grabs my ponytail roughly, pulling me off of him and flipping our positions to return the favour by socking me in the cheek.

"Guys, stop it!" Kiara demands.

The girl rips JJ off of me and he pries himself out of her hold, looking down at me to spit blood onto the leaves by his feet.