𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I finally reach the catch basin that Pope mentioned and haul my self from the moss covered pipe into the dirty brown water below, Kiara copying my actions with a disgusted groan. My eyes move from the ladder next to us to the drain cover above us, allowing sunlight to shine down on the Carrera girl and I.

Pulling myself to my knees, I start feeling around in the disgusting water for the gun and I gag, flicking the litter away from me as I find it.

"People are so shitty" Kiara comments, throwing a Coke can away from her.

"You can say that again" I grunt.

"Eugh!" Kiara shivers in disgust, flicking wet hair off her arm.

"I'd rather be in hell right now" I state, pushing a chip packet out of my way.

"Agreed" Kiara groans.

The girl suddenly perks up and looks at me with widened eyes.

"Guys, I think I found something!" She hollers.

"Wait, you got it?" JJ asks.

"Ugh, gross" She mumbles.

"Is it the gun?" Pope then asks.

She pulls the object up and my eyes widen in surprise when I see it's the carcass of a dead animal. We both scream and she throws it away from us.

"Pope! JJ! Oh my God!" Kiara screeches.

"You guys, there's something dead in here!" I shriek.

"Like a person?" Pope questions but I only scream in response as Kiara clings to my arm, almost crying.

"Oh my God!" I yell.

"There's something dead! I repeat, there's something dead!" Kiara cries out.

"Like a person?!" Pope repeats.

"No! But there's something dead in here!" I answer.

"Guys, don't touch it! That's how you get the worms" JJ warns us.

"Kie already touched it!" I stress, holding the girl close to me in concern.

"Did you find the gun? Is it Gavin?" Pope grills us with questions.

"What is it?" JJ asks.

"Don't touch it!" Pope shouts.

"Guys, is it a gun?" JJ questions "Do you see the gun? Do you see anything?"

"You guys owe us for life!" Kiara hollers.

My knee hits something metal and I cautiously pull it out the water, my eyes widening when I see it's a gun.

"Kie" I snap and she gasps at the sight of the object.

We don't even have time to let the boys know that we found what we were looking for because a shit ton of water suddenly starts rushing at us rapidly.