𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵〔 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

The bright lights shut off and I fix the cap on my head with a proud grin.

"They did it. Go time" John B declares.

"So, let's do it" Pope replies.

"Three, two-" John B starts to count down but JJ stands up and the brunette glares at him "Just- Just go"

The boys and I grab all the supplies, trudging towards the door to the basement that we found the last time we were here. John B is the first to enter without hesitation, Pope and JJ sharing a look before following the Routledge boy and I heave up the rope on my shoulder that is slipping, walking behind the pair into the dark dingy basement.

"Holy crap, you know what this is?" JJ asks out of nowhere and we all look at him "It just hit me. Pope, look. This is C.H.U.D. Full C.H.U.D."

"What is he talking about?" John B asks Pope and I.

"Cannabalistic humanoid underground dwellers?" JJ elaborates in confusion "Have you guys not seen that film?"

"No" John B answers.

"Can't say I have, no" Pope adds.

"It's worth a watch, to be honest" I tell the boys.

"It's actually a good film" JJ defends "It's about, like, cannibals that live in the sewers under New York City, and it's like-"

"Shut up! Shut up!" John B snaps in annoyance and I pat my brothers back when he frowns "All right. How deep do you think this is, Pope?"

"I don't know" Pope sighs.

"You're just gonna have to guess" I shrug.

"Great" John B huffs.

Pope and JJ set up the rig while I tie the end for John B to put his foot in. The brunette then lowers himself into the well and looks at us as we all hold onto the rope tightly.

"Hey, guys. I have one request" He speaks up.

"Yeah?" JJ, Pope and I all chirp in unison.

"Don't drop me" John B replies.

"No promises, Booker" I say teasingly.

"Whoa!" JJ laughs, letting the rope drop a little to scare his best friend.

"Okay!" John B yells in fright, causing Pope and I to chuckle in amusement.

"You're gonna die first, for sure" The Routledge boy threatens the blonde boy next to me.

"Got ya" JJ grins.

"All right, just keep payin' it out nice and slow like that" Pope warns JJ and I as we start to lower John B down.

"There we go. Keep goin'" John B encourages us "Keep goin'"

"Wait, hold on one second. I'm gonna get situated" JJ grunts, wrapping the rope around his back.

"You good?" Pope asks in concern.