𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦〔 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty" The judge Ruth Johnson speaks clearly to the courtroom full of people and my heart sinks as I look at the Routledge boy in an orange jumpsuit.

"Your Honour, he's 17!" JJ jumps up.

"Stop" Pope warns the boy as we all get up.

"Quiet!" Judge Johnson orders.

"He's 17! Are you kidding me?" JJ hollers in anger.

"Take a breath" I try to calm my brother down.

"Bailiff!" Judge yells.

"Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out" JJ assures the boy as he's dragged away in cuffs.

"John B! John B! No!" Sarah cries, trying to chase after the boy.

"Sarah!" Kiara gasps as an officer grabs the blonde, pushing her back "Stop! Don't touch her!"

"Come on, princess. Let's get out of here" I coax the blonde girl as Kiara ushers her out

The pogues and I all exit the courthouse, scowling as we listen to all the Kooks mouthing off next to us.

"Justice is served" A woman chirps.

"He had it coming" A man agrees.

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell or...?" Kiara drawls off.

"If I hear another smug comment, I'm breaking bones" I warn them, glare set on two men staring at us.

"I should have never come home" Sarah says hopelessly.

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it" JJ tells us.

"Shut up, JJ" I snap.

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through" I hear Hugh Jeffrey apologise to Ward and I look at the Kooks in disbelief "Thank God the system works"

"Can you please shut up?!" Kiara shouts in annoyance and they all turn to look at us.

"Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you" She adds, a disgusted look on her face.

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide" Hugh replies.

"He shouldn't even be in court! You should, cause you're a murderer" Kiara points at Ward accusingly "You have a lot of nerve showing up to court"

"I know you're upset. I understand you're upset, okay?" Ward tries to calm the girl down.

"Upset?!" Kiara shrieks.

"I know he's got you fooled. He's got you all fooled" Ward lies through his teeth.

"No, I'm not just upset!" Kiara screams, throwing herself forwards at the man in a fit of rage.