𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦〔 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Cecilia Tanny, Denmark's wife" Pope speaks up "He wasn't talking about the cross. He buried her at the foot of the angel"

"The true treasure" Kiara realises.

"His wife" John B adds.

Pope lets out a soft cry, crouching down next to me and I instinctively wrap my arm around him, letting him lean on me.

"Denmark was hung for burying his wife, and now they defiled her grave" He sniffles.

The boy reaches out and plucks up a small oval shaped piece of metal, swiping the dirt off it to reveal the name Cecilia engraved into it.

"This must have been from Denmark" Sarah says and I look over to see her holding a ring in her hand "Her wedding ring"

Pope places the named metal back into the casket and I rub his arm, trying my best to comfort him.

"We can't leave her like this" Pope croaks.

"We won't" John B assures him.

I drag myself to my feet and hold my hand out to Pope who takes a hold of it, letting me pull him up. The Pogues and I place the lid back onto the casket before hammering the nails back into place, securing it closed.

Pope places flowers on top of the wood that he picked as I help JJ and John B lower the casket back into the ground before picking up a shovel, starting to fill the hole back in.

Between JJ and I, it doesn't take too long to get the job done but it doesn't make it any easier.

By the end my hair is pulled up into a messy ponytail, mud is smeared onto my white tank top and ripped jeans, my boots are caked in mud, my arms are aching and I'm sweating in a very unattractive way.

"I just don't get it" Pope sputters as we finish up "I mean, you guys saw the map. He hides his gold   so no one finds it for 170 years. And then he sends a message to his son Robert to come here to his mother's grave, but the message never gets to him"

"And Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know we're in the right spot. It just feels like-" Pope rants wildly.

"Like we missed something?" JJ finishes for him, looking up at the tree thoughtfully.

"Guys. Come here" My brother adds, walking over to the van which is under the tree and climbing on top of it.

"There he goes" John B breathes out and I let a chuckle slip past my lips.

"Whoa" Pope breathes out as JJ points at a large hole in the tree.

"That looks like-" JJ starts but he's cut off.

"The painting in the island room" Kiara quips, standing next to him on top of the van.

"It's worth a shot, right?" JJ chirps.

"Yeah" Kiara nods.

"I guess so" I hum.

"Let's do it" John B agrees.