𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦〔 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I anxiously watch from my seat next to Barry as Rafe shoves his gun into his back, zipping it up and placing it beside him.

"Hey, I'm all for a man's right to defend himself, Rafe, but, uh...your ass is gonna get shot           carrying that thing" Barry warns the Cameron boy.

"They ain't gonna take me alive. I can tell you that much right now" Rafe counters, birds cawing loudly above us.

"Can you just not talk like that?" I snap in disbelief.

Rafe turns to me, realising my discomfort and wordlessly reaches out, taking a hold of my hand.

"I've never been back here before" He changes the subject.

"You don't wanna be seen, now, do you?" Barry replies.

"This place gives me the creeps" I mutter with a frown.

Rafe squeezes my hand reassuringly and a smile tugs at the corners of my lips at the kind gesture as I lean forward, pressing my forehead to his shoulder tiredly.

"You know, everybody thinks nature's all chill, right? That's such bullshit. Everything trying to kill everything else all the time, and... and..." Rafe drawls off thoughtfully "and every single thing has to kill to live"

"Killing is nature" He adds.

"Well, personally, nature freaks me the fuck out sometimes" I state pointedly.

"I don't particularly dislike you, Rafe" Barry says as we turn a corner "But I ain't gonna forget about how your father punked my ass. It's long been due y'all pay me some respect"

"Hey, where you taking-" Rafe cuts himself off when Barry jumps into the water "Hey, hey!"

"He's got a gun!" Barry hollers.

"What the fuck, Barry?!" I scream in disbelief.

"Rafe, stay where you are!" I hear Shoupe's voice and I spin around to see multiple police boats heading right for us "Keep your hands where we can see them! Do not move, or we will shoot!"

"Holy fucking shit" I curse as Rafe crouches down to his bag.

"Don't go for that bag!" Shoupe warns him but he pulls out the gun anyways.

Gunshots start firing off and I scream in fear, covering my head. Rafe is quick to grab me and yank me down into the water with him.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Shoupe orders "You hit?"

"Are you shot?" Rafe questions me worriedly.

"No, are you?" I reply shakily and he shakes his head 'no'.

"We don't wanna kill you, but you're making it damn hard" Shoupe calls out "That pistol ain't gonna work         now that it's been wet. Don't be a fool, boy. Get rid of it"

"He's right, Rafe. You gotta toss it before they shoot again" I tell the boy.

"Why don't you throw that gun on out where we can see it?" Shoupe adds "Nowhere for you to go, Rafe. All right?"