𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦〔 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝
﹝𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥﹞

Wandering the halls of the Cameron household, I realise that I may have been a little harsh on Sarah who was most likely trying to take her mind off the fact she watched her older brother shoot someone today and I've went psycho at her instead of helping her.

"She has got to go!" I hear the voice of Ward Cameron yell and I turn to the door next to me.

"Dad, no" I hear Rafe argue as I press my ear to the wood.

"I understand that you like the girl, son" Ward replies "But she watched you shoot someone"

"I know that" Rafe huffs.

"Do you honestly believe she won't rat you out?" Ward asks his son.

"Yes" Rafe answers without hesitation.

"Listen, Rafe" Ward sighs in annoyance "You are 19 years old. Kids from two different worlds. Your life is here, in figure eight with your family. Hers is in the cut, with her friends. Friends that include John B, okay? There's no way she'll chose you over him"

"She will chose me!" Rafe retorts.

"No, she won't! We have to get rid of her!" Ward barks.

"I won't let you hurt her, dad" Rafe declares "I love her"

"You don't fucking love her" Ward scoffs.

"I do. I've never felt this way about anyone before" Rafe defends himself.

"She's a Pogue" Ward states.

"I don't care!" Rafe spits.

There's a small pause in which I believe they've realised I'm listening in and my heart slams against my chest in worry.

"Okay, fine" Ward finally speaks up "But if she so much as steps one foot out of line, she's gone. This girl is your responsibility now, Rafe. You hear me? You make sure that she doesn't go squealing to anyone"

"Yes, sir" Rafe replies.

The sound of their footsteps approaching the door causes me to break out into a sprint towards Rafe's room. I make it inside, closing the door quietly before I throw myself onto the bed and pull the comforter over my body. The sound of the door makes my body go limp and my eyes fall shut to pretend I'm asleep.

"Addy" Rafe speaks up as he reaches me, brushing my hair off my face "Are you awake?"

"Hmm?" I hum, rubbing my eye as I turn to him.

"Don't do that. You'll hurt your eye" He warns me, pulling my hand away from my face.

"Sorry, dad" I reply sarcastically.

"That's daddy to you" He corrects.

"Shut up'" I huff in annoyance and he smiles for the first time today.

"I'm gonna go for a shower. Are you gonna join me?" He asks curiously.

"What if your family see us go in together?" I question him.