𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯〔 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I'm lent against the wall of the house as I watch Rafe and Ward move a shit ton of heavy looking boxes into the truck outside, admiring the way that Rafe's muscles flex as he heaves the heavy items.

Two more cars with officers inside pull up in the drive way and I narrow my eyes in confusion.

what on God's earth is in those boxes?

Watching Rafe load the last box into the truck, my heart drops as the realisation finally hits me and I figure out exactly what is in them.

it's the fucking gold

"Let's go, Rafe!" Ward hollers "Let's go!"

"Come on, sweetheart" Rafe calls out to me.

"There's only two seats" I counter.

"Then you can sit on my lap. I'm not leaving you alone" He retorts.

I shrug nonchalantly, brushing off my blue sundress and following the boy over to the truck. Rafe and Ward climb into the truck before the former grabs me, hauling me onto his lap without any further conversation.

"Buckle up, buddy" Ward tells his son.

The truck starts moving but I pay next to no attention where we're going as I lay my head on Rafe's shoulder and softly drawing shapes on the part of his chest that is exposed by his top couple buttons being undone. Rafe has one arm around my waist and the other hand is gripping onto my bare thigh. The boy shifts me a little and my dress rides up, causing me to yank it down and he looks at me in confusion.

"I'm not wearing anything underneath" I whisper in his hear.

He stiffens up in response and his grip on my thigh tightens as he glances at his dad who is scarily concentrated on the road. I wiggle a little on the boy's lap with a huff, pretending that I'm uncomfortable as an excuse to grind my ass on him.

"Adelaide" Rafe growls lowly in a warning tone.

"My legs are cramping" I lie, shifting until I'm sat directly on his growing erection.

"You okay there, kiddo?" I hear Ward as and I turn my head to see him glance at me.

"Yeah, I'm good" I paste on a smile.

He nods and directs his attention back to the road, allowing me to look back at his son.

"Behave" Rafe warns me.

I smile at him innocently and press a kiss to his cheek, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'll be your good girl" I murmur teasingly.

He inhales sharply and his nails bite into the skin of my thigh, his hold on my body bruisingly tight. With an amused giggle, I run my fingers through his hair and he shifts under me, his hard on poking me as he tries to get comfortable.

We come to an abrupt stop and I turn my head to see a large group of children run out onto the road. They all start slamming their fists at the officer's car in front of us and yelling loudly.

"What is this?" Ward snaps in a panicked tone.

"It's just some kids" Rafe assures him.

"No! No! Guys, get away from the car!" Ward yells at the kids as they approach the truck "Get away!"

A little girl pops up at the window beside me with a toothy grin on her face and I stick my tongue out at her. She giggles happily and pulls a funny face back at me, causing me to laugh lowly.

"What are you doing?" Rafe questions me curiously.

"She's cute" I shrug with a small smile.

"What's going on?!" Ward shouts "Get out of here! Go! Go! Go!"

As Ward continues to have a breakdown and Rafe tries to calm him down, I watch as a little boy races past the dark haired girl, snatching her sunglasses out of her hand and running off with a high pitched laugh. The little girl pouts sadly and I frown, shifting to move forward. I lean out of the window and take my sunglasses from my head, placing them on her head of raven curls. She beams up at me and I wink at her, pushing myself back onto Rafe's lap.

"I don't care!" Ward screams "Drive that truck!"

"We gotta go" Rafe tells his dad.

"Mike, let's go!" Ward hollers out the window.

The car in front of us moves forward as all the kids start running away and I salute to the small girl who waves at me enthusiastically as she skips off with her friends. She disappears into the crowd and I hear swearing, causing me to look up and see that the tyres of the officer's cars have been burst with planks of wood full of nails.

"That's some Pogue shit" I snort quietly to myself.

"It's a trap! It's a trap!" The officer wails.

"Yeah, no shit!" Rafe retorts.

"Mike, let's go! Let's go goddamn it! Move the car!" Ward demands angrily.

The last of the lingering kids throw water and flour at the windscreen of the officer's cars before dashing away and grimace, knowing that it's gonna be tricky to get off completely.

"We gotta get out of here. He's got us trapped. They can't go forward" Ward explains.

"Dad" Rafe replies, looking behind us.

I look back and see multiple people coming towards us with wheelbarrows and shovels, yelling menacingly and slamming their fists against the metal in an angry fashion.

"Goddamn it!" Ward curses, starting up the truck again.

"Go, go, go, go, go" Rafe hurries him.

"Stay where you are. We're under attack" An officer warns Ward.

"Here, take the alley" Rafe advises his dad "You're good. You're good"

Ward swerves the truck onto the road and I gasp as my whole body jerks to the side, Rafe holding me tighter so that I don't hurt myself. A few boys push a stall onto the road which causes Ward to slam on the breaks and we all lurch forward in surprise, Rafe head butting me. I whine in pain as he groans, looking at me apologetically and I gently rub his sore head, letting him know that it's okay.

"Hey, what are you doing?!" Ward screams at the boys "Move!"

"Get out of the way!" Rafe adds in anger before leaning into my touch with a wince.

"They're part of it" Ward declares, swerving around them.