𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰〔 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Rafe and I spend the next day in his room due to the fact he didn't want to speak to any of his family and I had no objections to that statement. I lay on his bed with a Harry Potter book in one hand as I read aloud to the boy who is laying between my thighs, the back of his head resting on my lower stomach and his arms around my legs, his fingers sleepily messaging the skin on my bare thighs. I use my free hand to play with his messy hair and he hums happily, placing light kisses on my inner thigh.

I sense eyes on me and I look around the room until my gaze stops at the window where I spot Kiara Carrera staring at me in pure confusion, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Why'd you stop?" Rafe asks me.

"I gotta pee. I'll be right back" I lie, looking at Kiara and pointing to the left.

Rafe groans as I crawl out of bed, exiting the room and slipping into the room next door, locking the door behind me. I quickly unlock the window and Kiara hops inside the room.

"What the hell is going on, Ads?" She asks me in confusion.

"It's a long story" I answer her vaguely.

"Then let me make it simpler. Why are you in bed with Rafe Cameron? The boy who shot Peterkin yesterday" Kiara spits and I look at her in shock "Yeah, we know"

She pushes a folded sheet of paper into my chest and I take it from her, unfolding it. My heart drops to my stomach when I see the word 'WANTED' printed across the top with John B's picture and a $25,000 reward.

"They're framing John B, Addy. People believe he's a murderer" Kiara tells me.

"Where is he?" I ask in worry.

"We don't know" She answers.

"Are JJ and Pope here?" I then ask, handing her the paper back.

"They're waiting in the car for me" She replies "Pope is high as fuck thanks to JJ"

"Jesus fucking christ" I curse.

"Wait, how did you know where I was?" I question in confusion.

"Sarah" Is all the girl says, shoving the wanted poster into her pocket.

"Shit is fucked up right now, Kie" I groan, running my fingers through my blonde waves.

"How long have you been sneaking around with Rafe?" Kiara questions me.

"A while" I finally admit.

"I'm confused about the situation, Addy, because I thought you hated each other" Kiara frowns in confusion "Yet he has now murdered someone in cold blood and you're here with him, cuddled up in his bed. What the fuck is going on?"

"I don't know, okay? I really don't know" I reply.

"How can you not know? He's a murderer!" The girl shrieks and I slap my hand over her mouth.

"It's fucking complicated, Kiara" I snap at her and she rolls her eyes "I don't know what to do right now"

"You come home with me and leave the killer next door" She declares, pulling my hand away from her mouth.

"But he's in love with me. He loves me in a way no one ever has before" I tell the girl, my eyes watering.

"Do you love him back?" She asks in disbelief.

"I don't know what it feels like to be in love, but this feels pretty damn close" I answer her and she takes a hold of my hands in her own.

"It's not real, beautiful" She tells me.

"It's real to me" I argue, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"He's a psychotic murderer" Kiara states.

"He's just sick. He needs help" I counter.

"Professional help, not yours" She corrects me "You can't fix him, Ads. He's too far gone"

The taller girl cups my face with one of her hands and brushes my stray tears away with her thumb.

"Come with me. The Pogues need you right now" She pleads.

Before I can answer her, the door handle jiggles and there is a bang on the door.

"Addy, what are you doing in there?" Rafe hollers.

I freeze, watching the door shake as he slams his fist against the wood and Kiara pulls me into her arms, tugging me towards the window.

"Sweetheart, come on" Rafe begs "Open the door"

Kiara climbs out the window and holds her hand out to me with a hopeful look on her face. I turn my head to the door with a deep frown at the pleading boy before taking her hand and scrambling out the window. We use the guttering to scale down the building before running across the grass lawn, hand in hand.

"Adelaide!" I hear Rafe roar loudly.

I glance back for a split second to see him at the window, betrayal and sadness on his face which hits me like a stab to the chest.

Kiara and I reach the car, her jumping into the driver seat while I scramble into the passenger seat.

"Drive, Kie! Drive!" I yell as I see Ward and Rose come running outside.

She slams on the gas and we go racing forward away from the Cameron residence.

"It's lovely to see you again, big sister" JJ chirps, sticking his head between the seats.

Without hesitation, I practically throw myself over the console and into the back seat, wrapping my arms around my younger brother.

"Whoa, hello" He chuckles, hugging me back.

"Come here" I tell Pope, pulling him into the hug and he smiles widely "I'm glad you're all okay"

"We were more worried about you, Addy" Pope replies, sleepily nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I can handle myself, popesicle" I assure him, kissing his head "You don't have to worry about me"

"We still worry about you" Kiara says with a soft smile as JJ lays his head on my shoulder.

"I know" I sigh with a warm smile.