𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〔 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

We make it back to the chateau and I watch in as JJ makes us both a peanut butter sandwich, my stomach rumbling in hunger.

"That bread had mould on it three days ago" Pope declares and I groan.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mould is good for you. It's just a natural organism" JJ explains.

"Wait, for real?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah. They teach you this in school, dumbass" He says, passing me a sandwich.

"I dropped out of school, asshole" I retort and he shrugs.

"Fair enough, g" He hums and I shake my head with a smile.

"JJ! Addy!" Kiara calls us over as Pope stands next to her.

"Yup yup!" JJ chirps, jogging over to stand next to her as I stand next to Pope.

"Hot damn! Let's do it!" He says excitedly as I take a bite of my sandwich.

A horrible taste fills my mouth and I turn to JJ, watching as the boy takes a bite of his sandwich and gags. He spits it into his hand and I grab his wrist, spitting into it too.

"That was disgusting" Pope comments.

"I used to clean his shitty diapers. Saliva is nothing" I defend.

JJ runs to put it in the bin and I throw the remaining sandwich in my hand from where I'm standing. I hear the tear of the envelope and we all watch John B open the package from his father. He pulls out a large folded sheet of paper and unfolds it to reveal a map with coordinates.

"Holy shit" John B mutters.

"Oh, my God" I mumble.

"X marks the spot" Pope replies, pointing at the marked 'X' on the map.

"Longitude, latitude. Wait, there's something else in there" John B says before pulling out a tape recorder from the envelope.

"What's that?" JJ asks.

"It's a tape recorder" Kiara answers.

"Dumbass" I add and the blonde boy elbows me.

I get ready to hit my brother back but the sound of Big John's voice makes me pause to look at John B.

"Dear Bird" I hear Big John's voice say through the tape recording.

"Who's Bird?" JJ asks in confusion.

"That's what my dad called me" John B answers.

"I hate to say 'I told you so', but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either" Big John'a voice comes out the tape recording.

I look up at JJ who glances at me with a shocked expression. I share the same look with both Kiara and Pope before Big John starts talking again.