𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵〔 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

The dirty blonde Kook continues to hound me for answers as I try my best to have a good time, drinking more wine and dancing as I ignore him.

"Just tell me!" He whines.

"Do you really wanna know?" I retort, my patience snapping.

He nods quickly and I grab his hand, tugging him inside the club. We find an empty room and I turn to the boy who seems eager to know the secret that I'm not so eager to tell.

"When I was 14 I started babysitting for the Huntsman's because I needed cash and they were paying me really well" I start, leaning against the table in the middle of the room "For the first couple of months everything was normal and I bonded with Grayson, he was the easiest kid I've ever babysat"

"What happened after the first couple months?" Rafe asks curiously.

"Aaron started coming home earlier than he was supposed to. He'd let me drink and we'd watch movies" I answer vaguely.

"That's it?" Rafe frowns and I nod.

"Until that wasn't it" I reply, looking down at my boots and take a deep breath "I remember the day it happened like it was yesterday. I still get nightmares some nights"

"What did he do?" The Cameron boy hesitantly asks me.

"We had drank some of Janelle's expensive red wine and I was pretty drunk because my tolerance was shit at 14" I laugh shortly before my face falls "He knew that. Which is why he gave me one glass too many, hoping I'd be too drunk to remember what he was about to do"

"Addy, I'm sorry for pushing. You don't have to tell me anymore" The boy in front of me assures and I shake my head.

"I wanna tell you" I confirm.

He nods at me in reassurance and I look back down at my hands which are playing nervously with the bottom of my dress.

"Aaron told me that he was getting rid of an old motorbike and asked if I knew anyone who would want it. I told him that I could take it because I wanted to get one that I could do up for JJ when he was a bit older" I explain "So he took me down to the basement, telling me that's where he kept the bike"

"Please tell me you're not talking about the bike JJ has right now" Rafe says in disbelief.

"It used to be blue" Is my reply, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Addy" Rafe sighs.

"It's pretty obvious to say that the bike wasn't there when he turned on the light, but in the corner of the room there was an old mattress. If I remember rightly, it had white and blue stripes on it" I describe in detail "I turned to him to ask what was going on and that's when he grabbed me"

I let out a shaky breath, wiping away a stray tear and Rafe tries to step towards me but I hold out my hand, waving him off.

"He pushed me onto the mattress and I was too weak to fight him off so he took advantage of that. I can still hear the- the way he told me that it was my own fault. T-That was just the first time" I stutter out, trying not to cry.

"The first? Are you fucking telling me this happened more than once?" Rafe snaps with wide angry eyes.

"It happened until I was 16 and Isaac helped me get a job here at the bar" I answer truthfully.

Rafe turns to storm away but I grab his arm and yank him back.

"Don't do anything stupid" I warn him.

"I'm going to kill him" Rafe declares.

"You're just going to embarrass me, Rafe" I argue.

"He fucking raped you, Adelaide. For two damn years" Rafe hisses in rage.

"And I really appreciate that you care, but I'm a Pogue, okay? A Maybank"  I explain to him "If one of the lowest kinds of scum on the island was to accuse one of the richest men on figure eight of something like that, who is everyone gonna believe?"

"They'll believe you. I'll make them" Rafe argues back and I sent him a desperate look, grabbing the front of his jacket in my hands.

"Please don't make me the slutty Pogue who cried rapist. I don't want to give everyone another reason to hate me" I plead and his facial expression softens.

"Are you sure I can't beat him up?" Rafe jokes weakly, making me smile.

"I'm sure" I laugh softly.

The dirty blonde haired boy tucks my blonde curls behind my ear and dips his head down, kissing my lips softly. The slow and gentle nature of the kiss surprises me, due to the fact no one has ever kissed me like this. I try my best to reciprocate the rhythm and the softness of the kiss and it makes him smile as he pulls away. He holds my face in his hands and I look up at him, wrapping my fingers around his wrists.

"He won't ever hurt you like that ever again, okay? No one will" Rafe assures me.

"No?" I question.

"No. I won't let them" He states sternly.

"Thank you" I hum.