𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺〔 𝘪𝘮 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘶𝘥𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

After arriving back at the Cameron residence, I am very quick to excuse myself from the premises under the lie that I have to check on my brother because he's feeling poorly and the Pogues can't look after him themselves. I find the chateau completely empty and my nerves are immediately shot, the pills I popped before getting on the plane doing nothing to calm me down.

I exit the house and the sound of booming laughter causes me to perk up, turning to the dock. I spot not only JJ, Pope and Kiara but Sarah and John B too.

"There ain't no fucking way" I laugh, racing down the grass towards them.

"You're alive!" JJ cheers, wide grin on his face.

"The woman of the hour" Pope chuckles.

Instead of replying to my younger brother or the Heyward boy, I throw myself at John B and he stumbles back a little, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"I was so worried about you, Booker" I mumble.

"I'm not the one that got shot" He chuckles and I gasp, pulling away from him to turn to Sarah.

"I'm so sorry, princess" I apologise guiltily, pulling her into a hug.

"I don't blame you" She assures me, hugging me back.

"I'm sorry about your neck, Addy" John B says, poking the healing cut on my throat.

"Your little friend has a kung fu death grip" I scoff, slapping his hand away and the couple laugh.

I notice the boxes and bottles of alcohol in the Pogues' arms and I lift a brow, crossing my sweater covered arms over my chest.

"You guys planning something?" I question curiously.

"Just a little Pogue reunion, big sister" JJ answers, walking past me and the others follow him.

"Without me?!" I shriek, spinning around in disbelief.

"You're here now!" Pope hollers back at me.

"I'll have you know, I was the first female in this friend group!" I sass them, jogging up the grass after the group.

"Only because you're related to me" JJ argues and I open my mouth with a disbelieving look, turning to John B.

"You only let me hang out because I'm JJ's sister?" I ask him.

"Kinda" He admits with a shrug.

"Ouch" I pout, watching them set down the drinks in a couple coolers.

"If it makes you feel any better, I only hung around for you at first" Kiara speaks up.

"You did?" I grin, perking up.

"Yup" She chirps "I had the fattest crush on you back in fifth grade"

"Awe, you're my favourite this week" I tell her and the group laughs.

☼ ☼ ☼

"Uh oh" Kiara giggles, her and Sarah sitting either side of me on the edge of the hot tub.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" John B announces as the boys run at us, jumping into the water.

"Shot gun" JJ adds, throwing a beer at me.

The six of us pass around a switchblade, piercing the side of our cans. Carefully, I tip the can and cover the hole with my mouth before opening the top of the can and chugging the liquid.

"Let's get this party started!" I holler, throwing the now empty can into a box full of trash.

"Yeah! Whoo!" John B whoops after finishing his own drink.

"Whoo!" JJ repeats, splashing beer over his head.

We all burst out laughing at his actions and I splash water at the blonde boy before plucking a blunt from between Kiara's lips. I place it between my own pair, inhaling the drug with a content smile and sinking down into the water.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah" Pope chants as JJ dances to the music playing from a bluetooth speaker.

John B shoves an empty beer box on JJ's head and my brother bobs his head to the music, the rest of us laughing at his idiotic behaviour.

"I never made good grades in school
When I get out, I act like a fool,
They say I come in the party
And cause a commotion I'm smooth
Yeah, call me lotion" Pope raps and we all laugh at the freestyle verse.

"Do it, Pope!" JJ hollers.

"Attaboy!" I add, whistling loudly.

Pope continues to rap a bunch of nonsense that pops into his fuzzy mind and Kiara wraps her arm around my shoulders, giggling in amusement at the tipsy Heyward boy.

We all settle down into the hot tub after a wild few hours and the vibes become way more chilled out and relaxed.

"Just like the good Lord intended" JJ declares, taking a puff from his joint.

"It was way too genuine" Sarah replies.

"Come on. Give me- Give me that shit! Give me it!" JJ yells to Pope and we all laugh at him.

"Ah!" Pope chuckles, wrapping his boy up in his arms.

While the Pogues are distracted by fawning over the blushing couple of boys, I slip away and collapse down on the hammock. I lay there staring at the stars with a bottle of beer in one hand and a joint in the other one.

"Whatcha doing?" Pope's voice fills my ears as he shoves me over to lay down next to me.

"Nothing" I shrug.

"Ah, my favourite thing to do" Pope smiles "Nothing"

"Shut up" I laugh, pushing him playfully.

There's a short silence in which I lay my head on Pope's shoulder and the boy wraps an arm around me.

"You know what I've been contemplating recently?" I speak up, breaking the silence.

"Let me guess, the fact you're in love with a psychopath?" Pope suggests.

"Not that" I huff, rolling my eyes.

"What else could you possibly contemplate?" He questions in disbelief.

"Why are cookies called cookies and bacon called bacon if you bake cookies and cook bacon?" I hum quizzically.

Pope stares down at me blankly before shaking his head with a chuckle.

"How high are you?" He scoffs.

"I'm fucking baked, dude" I grin happily.

"I guessed" He snorts.