𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰〔 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I wake up the next morning and the first thing that registers in my brain is the tightness around my throat, constricting my breathing just slightly. My hand slowly reaches up and I pause when I feel Rafe's beaten up knuckles. The boy himself mumbles incoherently in his sleep, nuzzling his face into my hair and gently squeezing my neck.

Instead of being worried or even concerned about the boy with murderous tendencies choking me in his sleep, I feel a twisted sense of security and safety that almost lulls me back to sleep.

"Are you awake?" Rafe whispers, pressing soft kisses to my jaw.

"Mmhm" I hum.

"I have to go to Barry's all by myself" Rafe groans childishly.

"Wow, that's crazy" I mumble in an uninterested tone.

"Addy" He huffs, squeezing my neck.

"Okay! I'll go with you" I retort in annoyance.

I sleepily turn my head to see him grinning triumphantly before he leans down and kisses me sweetly.

"You are so spoilt" I accuse him.

"I know, but you love me" He grins.

"I don't believe I've ever said that" I point out as he hovers over me, pressing his forehead to mine.

"You don't have to" He argues.

"That's pretty self destructive behaviour" I warn him.

"It's only self destructive if what I'm telling myself is a lie, which it isn't" Rafe retorts with a smug grin.

"Where is your evidence, big guy?" I ask him.

"This time last year, no guy on this island had the privilege of waking up to your beautiful face and you didn't do clinginess like cuddles or kisses that weren't hot and heavy" Rafe explains while cuddling into me and peppering kisses up my neck "Now look at you. Practically mewling under my touch"

"What happened to big bad Adelaide Maneater Maybank?" He coos.

"She lost her goddamn mind" I answer, running my fingers through his hair.

"No, she fell in love" He corrects me.

"The only time I even come close to loving you is when your head is between my legs" I counter but his smile never falters.

"If telling yourself that helps you sleep at night, that's okay" He assures me.

"Shut up, Rafe" I scoff, pushing him off me and he chuckles.

He gets up and within minutes I hear the shower running. I drag myself out of bed, running my fingers through my hair before pulling on some clothes I left here that consists of a white cropped cardigan and a sage green mini skirt, both of which cling to my body in all the best ways. I slip on my white chucks and head down stairs to get something to drink.

As I reach the kitchen I find Rose and Wheezie, the latter sat at the island with her breakfast and the former reading a fashion magazine while pouring a glass of wine.