𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘥 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Pope and I lay in the hammock, watching the stars above us like we always do and he nudges my shoulder with his foot, causing me to look over at him.

"Are you still seeing that guy you told me about?" He asks me curiously.

"Yup" I nod.

"And he's definitely not anyone that I know?" He questions vaguely "Say, a certain Kook with psychopathic tendencies"

"Kiara told you" I realise.

"She told me" Pope confirms.

"Please don't tell JJ" I plead.

"I think he deserves to know that you're messing around with a guy like Rafe Cameron" The raven haired boy tells me.

"Pope, I'm begging you not to tell my brother" I press.

"I'm not gonna tell him because it's yours to tell. I'm just saying that I think you should tell him" Pope replies and I sigh in relief.

"Apparently, according to Kiara, if anyone can convince you that this thing with Rafe is wrong for you, it's me" Pope says.

"Okay, hit me with it" I encourage him and he scoffs.

"I gave up convincing you to do the right thing a long time ago" He explains "You're a big girl who is perfectly capable of making mistakes"

"You don't believe that" I state with an amused smile.

"Yes, I do" He lies.

"Reverse psychology doesn't work with me" I remind him.

"Okay, fine. I think he's the devil" Pope declares.

"The devil?" I laugh.

"Don't laugh at me Adelaide Maybank. You are fooling around with a murderer" Pope stresses.

"He's a teddy bear" I scoff.

"Are you deaf? He literally murdered someone" Pope argues "Bullet through the chest. Murder"

"It's complicated, okay?" I groan, throwing my head back to look up at the moon.

"I'm confused. What is so complicated that it makes murder look like a green flag instead of a huge ass red one" Pope questions me in disbelief.

"The same reason that JJ's anger issues aren't a red flag for you" I answer simply.

The boy's face falls and the look of sympathy replaces his disbelief.

"You love him?" Pope asks.

"I think so" I admit "And it scares the life out of me"

Before Pope can offer another word of advise or sympathy, I hear the angry voice of my brother and Kiara's pleading.

"You fucking liar!" JJ barks in rage as he storms towards us.