𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵〔 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I hear the sound of a phone pinging for the fifth time in the last ten minutes and I roll over, frowning at Rafe in confusion.

"Who is texting you?" I ask him.

"Just Kelce" He shrugs.

The phone pings again and I raise a brow at him.

"Are you going to reply then?" I then ask.

"Yeah" He nods.

I roll back over, wrapping myself up in the warm duvet as Rafe taps a reply on the phone before it pings again. The boy leans down to me and I feel his warm breath on the back of my neck.

"I gotta run an errand, but I won't be long" He mumbles lowly, pressing a kiss to my head.

"Where are you going?" I murmur sleepily.

"Just to Barry's" He answers.

"I thought you were texting Kelce" I frown, turning my head to look at him.

"I meant Barry" He fully lies to me.

"When will you be back?" I question as he pulls his shoes on.

"I don't know. Don't wait up" He replies vaguely.

He notices the frown on my face and smiles at me, leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart" He tells me "You're tired"

I lean up slightly and press my lips to his, causing him to smile into the kiss. He pulls away and pecks my lips once more before grabbing his sweater and leaving the room to run his so called errand.

I wait around five minutes before leaping out of bed and yanking my converse on, following the boy out of the Cameron residence. Making sure that he doesn't hear nor see me, I tail him all the way to the docks and hide behind a nearby boat as he stops, visibly waiting for someone.

"Wheezie?" I hear the voice of Sarah Cameron call out "Come on, Wheeze. Is that you? Wheeze?"

The dirty blonde haired girl comes into view and when she spots Rafe she freezes up with a terrified expression on her face.

"Nah, not Wheezie" Rafe replies.

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" Sarah demands.

"Don't worry about it" Rafe shrugs and Sarah takes a couple steps back, away from her brother "Listen- Whoa. It's all good. I- I just...I just...I needed to talk to you, like, a little bit. Is that okay?"

"Don't come near me" Sarah spits out.

"Cause...Cause what you do, Sarah, it affects me, okay?" Rafe declares "You don't- You don't think of that, do you?"

"You shot me, Rafe" Sarah retorts and Rafe dramatically throws his arms up in disbelief.

"That's it, right? It's- It's always my fault, right?" Rafe scoffs "Like, uh...you know, I- I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work, and I'm the bad guy for trying to- to hold on to it?"