𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦〔 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘮 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"It was her" Ward states as we sit in the police station "That was her, right? That was Sarah"

"It was her. Yeah" Rafe mumbles, sounding exhausted.

"She's alive" Ward chuckles before looking at his son "I don't know what the hell you were doing though, shooting a gun right at her"

"She'a lucky you didn't hit her. Can't be shootin' a gun-" He adds, getting cut off.

"I did" Rafe declares.

"What?" Ward snaps.

"I hit her" Rafe says lazily and my eyes widen.

"You shot Sarah?" Ward hisses under his breath.

"I was trying to shoot John B, okay?" Rafe argues "It was an accident. She stepped in the way"

"Is she okay?" Ward asks in frustration.

"I did not mean to shoot her" Rafe says clearly as if his father is mentally challenged.

"Okay. Okay. Okay" Ward mutters "I'm sorry"

"But I don't care that I did" Rafe adds with a shrug.

"What did you say?" Ward asks in disbelief "Rafe, that is your sister, okay?"

"My sister?" Rafe scoffs.

"Yes, your sister" Ward stresses.

"The one who stole from us? The one who had her boyfriend pointing a gun at us, right?" Rafe drawls off "Get the blinders off"

"You need to shut your mouth" Ward warns him.

"She's gonna kill our family, you realise that?" Rafe continues.

"Rafe, stop it" I butt in, tugging at his arm.

"Sorry for the wait" An officer announces, sitting down across from us "We got a photo from a tourist. Can you verify?"

The man shows us a photo of Sarah and John B, the latter looks distressed while the former and paler looking of the two holds her hip as blood pours down her side. Ward takes the phone with a distraught expression on his face and I pull Rafe's hand onto my lap, playing with his fingers to ease my nerves.

"Is this them?" The officer asks.

"That's my Sarah" Ward confirms "She was kidnapped, and she was brainwashed by this...He's a very disturbed individual. He's very, very dangerous"

Before the man can continue slandering John B, I stand up and my chair scrapes across the ground.

"Are you okay, miss?" The officer asks me.

"I need some air" I reply, swiftly exiting the room and rushing out of the building.

It's a matter of minutes before I feel another person lingering next to me as I lean against the truck with my head in my hands.