𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦〔 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Pope's mother calls and demands that he heads home so he takes Cleo and does as he's told after I assure him that we'll call with the news. JJ and I then go straight to the chateau, him on his bike and me in the car that Rafe leant me.

"John B! Yo!" JJ whistles as we walk to the back yard.

"Booker!" I holler.

"Addy?" A soft voice speaks and we turn to see Kiara.

"Kie" I breathe out in relief, immediately moving forward to wrap my arms around the younger girl.

"I knew you'd be okay" She murmurs, hugging me tightly and I chuckle, rubbing her back.

"I always am" I hum, gently pulling away from her and she grins at me.

"John B not here?" JJ speaks up, walking over to stand next to me.

"Nope" She answers with a shrug.

"What up?" He questions.

"Uh, Rafe's what's up" She tells us, glancing at me.

"What do you mean?" JJ frowns.

"He came back with me" I inform my brother.

"Sarah saw him" Kiara nods.

"Spectacular" JJ scoffs.

"It's not just that. She overheard him saying that the cross is coming to Wilmington tomorrow night. Figure he must be trying to sell it" Kiara explains to us.

"Are you sure that's what she heard?" I question, my lips tugging down into a frown.

"Yeah. He was talking to Ward" Kiara confirms and a pang of betrayal strikes my chest.

"He lied to me" I breathe out in disbelief and the duo both frown at me.

"I'm sorry, Ads" Kiara says apologetically.

"It's fine. I'll deal with it later" I shake my head, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Has someone told Pope yet?" JJ asks her.

"Yeah, Sarah went to tell him" Kiara assures him and hands him a note "And I guess John B and his dad went and got the Twinkie. They're off to God knows where"

"That's helpful" I murmur, looking at the boy's shitty handwriting.

"Yeah, of course. Just when we need them" JJ says in frustration, pacing away and then back to us.

"Wait. Hold on, though" JJ perks up, looking at us thoughtfully "We know where the cross is gonna be. That means it's still on the field. So we can come in and swoop"

"We're still in this, guys" He adds "We gotta get everybody together, then we'll come up with a plan. Get to Wilmington as fast as we can"

"We can meet back here tomorrow once John B is back" I declare, looking between them "JJ, you call Pope and Cleo. Kiara, call Sarah"