Six

╔══════════════╗

I had known Jared for a few years and we had been great friends before we started developing romantic feelings for each other. We first bumped into each other in Grand Central Station as I was trying to figure out how to get to China Town. I asked him for directions and he said he would walk me there as he was heading that way to meet friends. I wasn't sure, to begin with, because I had only been in New York for a few months but Tony said I needed to make more friends.

He took my number before he rushed off to see his friends and I went to have lunch with Tony who complained I was late. Jared message me a few minutes later telling me it was nice to meet me and we should go for a drink at a later date. Since then, it was history.

History of ups and downs.

He did treat me well. He made me feel loved and like a princess. Jared was an angel compared to the boys I grew up with, in London. Then we started dating and it was great. For the first year or so and then he changed. He worked a lot, went out with his friends and didn't always invite me. Everyone was right. I shouldn't have taken him back when I first found out he was cheating but in all honesty, I was scared to be alone.

He had saved me from a dark period in my life. Even though the Starks did everything they could for me, I was still in a dark place with dark thoughts. It was hard and he seemed to be a breath of fresh air.

I mixed my drink with my straw and waited until Jared turned up. He always ran late so I wasn't surprised that I had been waiting half an hour for him. I sipped at my drink when a pair of arms went around me and his aftershave tickled my nose.

"Sorry I'm late, babe," He said and I spun in my chair to see his almost black eyes looking down at me, "You look beautiful,"

"Thank you," I said and he pecked my lips, "You never run on time anyway,"

Jared grinned, "Yeah. I'm sorry but I ran here if it makes it any better,"

I rolled my eyes, "How has work been?"

"So stressful," He said, "But let's not talk about work. I finally have you all to myself,"

Jared ordered his drink and spoke as I stared and listened. He had always been a good-looking guy. Dark eyes, to match his dark brown hair. His skin was slightly darker than honey and he got the cheeky side from his dad who was from Hawaii. His mum was a full-blooded American from New York so he had the perfect twang that made me fall for him. I was always jealous of his tanned skin and how flawless it was.

"How have you been?" He asked, dragging my chair towards his, and placing his knees on either side of mine. I wasn't sure if it was a territorial thing or because he wanted to be closer to me.

I shrugged, "I've been keeping busy with work but Nat took me shopping the other day."

"Hm," Jared said sipping his beer, "Do they still not like me?"

"Not really,"

Jared sighed, "There are only so many times I can apologise for what I have done. I've not done anything to hurt you in about a year. Shouldn't they give me a chance?"

"That's for you to discuss with them," I smiled, "What plans do you have for me then?"

"Anything you want, babe," He said, "We can take a walk, go for some dinner and head back to mine,"

Jared winked at me making me laugh and shake my head, "You are terrible! Is that all you think about when you are with me?"

"I can't help myself," He grinned, and leant forward, "I like my sexy girlfriend. My bad,"