Sixty-Six

^^^ Emily's outfit :)

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

I thought I'd be able to enjoy a quiet night in and call myself every name under the sun for hurting Emily. But when Tony mentioned she was going out for a drink, I knew I had to volunteer to look after her. Steve was on board before I could finish my sentence.

We both said some nasty things to her and it was uncalled for. I still don't know why I said that to her. I wish I had just been honest instead of what happened. I didn't want her to feel guilty for the rest of her life or wake up in cold sweats remembering the bullet going through the guy's head. It was hard to live with and killing someone wasn't easy. 

I rubbed my face and Sam frowned at me, "Just thinking,"

"Have you tried to say sorry to her?" He asked.

"I've tried. She ignores me. I don't blame her,"

Sam nodded, "Have you written her a message or a letter? No? Try that. Explain to her why you said those things. I know it isn't easy for you to be honest with your feelings but I can understand why you wouldn't want her to kill. Living with that is hard,"

"I don't think she will listen," Steve said, "I've tried everything. I think she blocked my number. Tony said he spoke to her but she didn't care. I don't think she loves us anymore,"

Sam scoffed, "Please. You know that isn't true. I could feel the hurt and love radiating from her at that meeting. She loves you but you hurt her. I understand that,"

I nodded and looked up, almost choking on air. Steve and Same looked up and reacted just like me. We glanced at each other clearly in shock as we saw Emily walk into the club like the fucking queen she was.

"Whoa mama," Sam said.

"When did she do that?" Steve whispered, "I can't take my eyes off her,"

I swallowed hard as she grinned widely and let some punk hug her. She playfully smacked the kid's chest and she headed to the bar to meet Nat and Wanda. I had to drag my eyes away from her and I saw Loki walking over to our table.

"I'm lost for words," Loki said sitting down, "I didn't realise that a hair colour could change a person,"

"Blonde. Who would have thought?" Sam said, "I can't keep my eyes away from her. Shit. Do I find blondes more attractive?!"

"If you don't win her back soon," Loki said, "Then she will be lost to you forever,"

"Great," I said, "Good words of encouragement, Loki,"