Fifteen

╔══════════════╗

A few hours later, I was back home with Nat hugging me tightly telling me how worried she was about me. I hugged her back smiling at her warmth and she held me at arm's length, staring at the bruises on my face.

"They don't look as bad as I first saw," She said with a frown.

"Yeah," I said, slowly, "I...I don't understand why I'm healing so fast,"

"Maybe you should talk to Bruce. Just in case,"

Bucky put his hand on my lower back, "Come on. It's full bed rest for you,"

Nat smirked slightly, "I'll visit you after I meet with Fury. I'll bring snacks and we can watch a film,"

"Sounds good to me,"

"I'll join you!" Wanda said, throwing her arm in the air, "I want to spend time with you,"

"Then we shall join Lady Emily on her road to recovery," Thor announced, "I shall speak with Loki. I am sure he will want to watch a film with us,"

Nat tutted, "So much for girls and gossip,"

"I am more than capable of being one of the girls,"

Nat scoffed, "Yeah but only when it comes to snakes."

"You can blame my brother for that," Thor muttered and walked out of the room, talking about snakes under his breath.

Bucky pushed gently on my back and I sighed, "Get moving,"

"Alright, dad," I muttered and Nat giggled, "Oh my god! Don't you start,"

"I didn't do anything," Nat sang and walked away.

Bucky led me to the lift and Steve stepped in with us, "Everything ok?"

"I have a question for you, Emily," Steve said folding his arms, "Do you ever remember taking medication or being injected with something?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm a little confused and I agree with Nat. You should see Bruce to see if you have any abnormalities in your blood," Steve said, "It could be nothing but-"

"Maybe," I said and I groaned when a sudden stabbing pain hit my head. I grabbed the side of my head and almost dropped to my knees, but they both caught me, "What the fuck?"

"I'd say watch your language but I'm worried about you,"

"Doll? What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know," I said, "There was this sudden pain in my head and-fuck! It feels like it's going to explode,"

"Steve, we need to take her to Banner. Now,"

Once again I was laying down on a hospital bed, but at least this time it was in Bruce's lab and I had company. Bucky and Steve were playing cards using my legs as a table. The pain had subsided into a mild headache and Bruce had taken some blood tests before rushing out of the room. He never was one to talk or spend a lot of time with everyone. Tony had pushed his buttons one too many times and he was lucky that Bruce didn't let the Hulk out and squish his head.

"Ok," Steve sighed, "You beat me once again. Remind me never to play poker with you again,"

Bucky chuckled, "I thought you would have learnt all those years ago. What should we play next?"

"If you decide to play snap I will kick you both in the face," I said, staring at the ceiling.

"Sorry," Steve laughed slightly, "How are you feeling?"

"Better. At least it doesn't feel as if I have a drill trying to crack my skull open from the inside out," I sighed and closed my eyes, "How long does it take for blood results to come back?"

"Knowing Bruce, he is probably analysing it. It shouldn't take much longer. Did you want to play a card game with us?"

"Depends on what you want to play," I said, not moving an inch, "I'm good at most games,"

"Fancy a game of poker, Doll?" Bucky asked and I sighed, "I'll take that as a yes,"

"Sure," I said, sitting up and pulling my legs out of the way, crossing them, "What are we betting with? Money or something else?"

Steve rubbed his beard and nodded, "I've never had to play with money before. We usually play it for fun,"

"Ok, I know what we can do," Bucky said, "We write things we want on a bit of paper and whoever loses has to do or get what it says,"

"I could do that," I said.

"Can you give me an example?" Steve asked.

Bucky smirked, "You could always write something along the lines of Emily will make me dinner for a week straight,"

"That isn't so bad,"

"But you need to write something a little better than that," Bucky said, "So, for example, kiss for 7-minutes,"

"But what if I win and you two have to kiss for 7 minutes," I said and they looked at me, "I am only asking,"

"Ok, so if I write kiss for 7 minutes, you have to kiss me or Steve for that long," Bucky said and I could feel my cheeks burn, "And if Steve wins, which he won't, it will be the same. If you win then...you decide I suppose,"

"What if one of you write something really dirty," Steve said, "I'm not sure I can-"

"Oh!" I said interrupting him, "So if I write sex and I win, then Steve will finally lose his virginity,"

Bucky laughed and Steve groaned, "Sure or you can decide who to have sex with...I guess,"

"Hmm," I said, "As tempting as that sounds, I don't think that will be a good idea,"

"Why not?" Steve said and we looked at him, "If you want to play seriously, then let's do it. It is like truth or dare but in a poker game. Does that make sense?"

"Yes, actually. Truth and dare instead of money?" I asked and Steve nodded, "That makes it interesting. Whoever wins gets to give out the truth or dares,"

"Deal," Bucky said, "But we need to think of some rules first. If you aren't comfortable with anything on the bits of paper, you can forfeit but the next question or dare you get, you can't turn it down,"

"This could get out of hand," Steve bit into his bottom lip.

"Only if one of you write threesome as a dare," I said as a joke and they looked at me, "What? Am I not allowed to have a joke?"

"New rule," Bucky said, glaring at me, "Nothing sexual is allowed to be written down. Tony would kill us all if he found out,"

"Fair enough," I said, "So does stripping count as sexual?"

"Definitely not," Steve said quickly and I looked at him as he blushed, "The...the game will be boring otherwise,"

Bucky chuckled, "I'll get some pens and paper. Doll, don't go anywhere and don't give Steve any pointers. I want to see that punk lose,"

"You will both lose," I said, "Trust me. I'm very good at poker and I have a great poker face,"

"We'll see about that," Bucky and Steve said in unison.

My god. What did I just get myself into?

╚══════════════╝