Seventy-Seven

╔══════════════╗

Bucky

You're going to be daddies.

"Bucky?" 

"Bucky? Wake up,"

I let out a small groan and slowly opened my eyes. Emily was staring down at me with worry plastered on her beautiful face.

"Hey, beautiful," I whispered and she let out a sigh, "What...what happened?"

"You fainted,"

"Bullshit," I said as she helped me sit up. I looked around the room and winced and she touched the side of my head, "Why does my head hurt?"

"You hit it when you fell," Emily said, "Good thing you're a super soldier or you'd be in pain for a while,"

"I never faint," I said, and she helped me onto the sofa, "Why did I faint and where is Steve?"

"Steve is in the gym because he needed space and then you fainted," Emily sat in the corner of the sofa and hugged her knees to her chest, "I've been waiting for him to come back and for you to wake up,"

"Why did I faint?"

Emily looked away from me, "Because I told you that you and Steve were about to be daddies. Not that you weren't daddies in the first place but an actual dad. With a baby,"

"Oh...oh yeah," I said quietly, "Are you ok?"

"Don't worry about me. I'm not the one who hit my head," Emily said, "You should get Bruce to take a look just in case,"

"I'm fine," I said, grabbing her ankles and pulling her towards me. I sat her on my lap and held her face between my hands, "What is going on in that head of yours?"

"Everything," She whispered and I saw tears form in her eyes, "Steve didn't say anything to me, He handed the picture back and left. You stood up to say something and crash. You fainted and hit your head. I'm scared. I'm freaking out and worried that you and Steve won't be here for me. Steve couldn't look at me,"

"What makes you think that we won't be here for you?"

"Because Steve ran the fuck away?" Emily said, "He didn't look at me. It isn't just my fault that this happened,"

"It takes two, well, in this case, three to tango,"

Emily smiled slightly, "I don't want to lose you or Steve,"

"You won't," I said, firmly, "We love you more than anything in the world and a baby will make us closer. I'll talk to Steve,"

"Ok," She said, "How...how do you feel about this?"

I smiled, "I never thought that I'd become a dad. After everything that I have been through and done, being a dad never was my plan. But you changed that. I can't explain how happy I am to know that you are carrying a baby. I don't care if it is Steve's because that baby is still going to be mine. I will love it until my last breath and make sure-"

Emily's lips cut my words off and I almost melted into her kiss. I could feel her tears running down her face and she buried her face into my neck.

"I've got you, Doll," I said, quietly, "Until the end of time. You're my girl. You'll always be my girl,"

"What about Steve?"

"I'll talk to him and if he doesn't listen, then I'll kick his ass," I said, "Everyone knows what he can get like. This is all new to him. He used to want kids but he didn't stay in the past. Look, I know he is happy but he needs some time to let it sink in,"

"Ok," Emily said, "Do you still love me?"

"I'll never stop,"

"Do you still want to marry me?"

"I still have an idea of the perfect proposal," I said, "So yes. Being pregnant doesn't change anything. It just makes me even more excited to put a ring on you,"

Steve was hitting the punch bag as hard as he could, and I folded my arms when he sent it flying across the room.

"What did the bag ever do to you?" I asked.

He looked over his shoulder, "How's the head?"

"I'm healed," I said and walked over to him, "Why did you run from her?"

Steve shrugged, "I don't know. Panic?"

"You need to talk to her," I said, "She thinks you don't love her anymore,"

"That's fucking stupid," Steve sighed, "I still love her. I won't stop loving her,"

"But you ran when she told us she was pregnant,"

"Bucky, I freaked out. I used to want kids with Peggy and I tried to have a life but it wasn't for me," Steve rubbed his face, "Emily made me feel things I had never felt before. I sometimes feel that I'm going crazy because she does things to me. I love her. I just wasn't sure how to react when she told me about the pregnancy,"

"Not run away?"

"Shut up, Bucky," He snapped, "I told you that I panicked. I had to get some space to breathe and you aren't any better. You fainted,"

"Yes, but I didn't leave her, did I?"

"I hate you. I really do hate you," Steve shook his head, "Will she want to see me? After this?"

"Yup," I said, "She's waiting in the room now hoping you've had enough space. Go and talk to her. I have to talk to Tony,"

"He is going to fucking kill us,"

"Probably," I shrugged, "But he has tried before and didn't succeed. I'm going to ask him about his mother's ring,"

"Oh," Steve said, "Will he want us to give it to Emily? You know, after the proposal and pregnancy news?"

"I'll steal it from him if he doesn't," I said, patting Steve on the shoulder, "Go. Emily needs you right now,"

Steve nodded, "You're a good friend,"

"Boyfriend," I winked at him, "Almost husband-to-be,"

"I'm not marrying you, Bucky," Steve scoffed, "I'm marrying Emily,"

"You marry her, you technically marry me," I grinned knowing how annoying I was being, "I am going to have a drop-dead gorgeous wife and a gorgeous husband. I'm getting hard just thinking about it,"

"Fuck off, Bucky," Steve said, almost running away.

"It's inevitable!" I called after him, "It is bound to happen! Get used to it!"

"Shut up!"

"You don't know what you're missing!" I laughed and he sent me the middle finger slamming the gym door behind him, "Ahhh, he is fun to tease,"

╚══════════════╝